Ep_12

Chaeyoung's pov

" Hey guys.. Chaeyoung, why do you and your friend look so down to hell? What's wrong with you two?  " Momo unnie said as she sees Dahyun with a glass of beer at this early evening hour and sits down beside my heart-broken friend.

" She said she want to drink and followed me " I explained to Momo since I know Dahyun is not in the mood to talk.

" What happened to her? "

" She got rejected by her crush. She's my senior and... she's a... " I left my sentence unfinished, placing her favorite Mojito in front of Momo unnie.

" A straight? " I nodded and pressed my lips while Momo unnie place her hand on her chest as if she got stabbed there.

" Ouch! It hurts me too. Yes, I need mojito. " She jokingly said and takes a sip of her drink. She then gives me a satisfied nod and thumb. I always feel so delighted when someone praises me for my drinks. 

Also I am relieved that Momo unnie just skipped the fact that I did not answer her question fully. I really don't want to admit but I can't deny the truth either. Of course, I know myself that I miss her already. If this is not my work time, I'll be sitting next to Dahyun too. She said she will come back this evening but there's not even a sign of her arrival, not even a text.

" How straight is that girl? " Momo unnie asked while looking at her Mojito, I know my drink looks so splendid but I don't know who is she asking.

" Like a Osmium ruler. " Dahyun's exaggerated answer makes us shut up because we don't know what that thing on the earth is.

" She's a chemical engineering student. " I explained to Momo unnie who keeps staring at drunk Dahyun without giving a damn to me. I knew it. I somehow knew Momo unnie is interested in this brat but she had never made a move before. 

" She's cute, right? " I tried to push her feelings out a little bit and I wanted to confirm what I see in her eyes as well.

" She's cuter when she got drunk. Look at her red cheeks " Momo spilled, still not taking her eyes off from my friend.

" It was her round eyes and her boss type of energy that made me fall. Who knows she is a straight when her best friend, Nayeon unnie is dating my sister?? I thought she is a bi too, that's why I let my hopes rise. If only I knew.. damn! " Dahyun smacked the counter in anger but Momo unnie doesn't seem to mind her manner. But if that was someone else, she is so ready to kick your ass out of the bar. No one dares to mess in Boo bar and that's also why I feel safe to keep working here.

" Chaeyoung, you can keep on working. I'll take care of your friend. " When Momo unnie said  while looking at me and Dahyuns suddenly lifts up her head and stares at us with a dumbfounded face. Momo unnie gives a wink as I nods and smirks ignoring Dahyun's confused eyes. Well, I trust Momo unnie will not hurt my sister-like best friend. 

Flashback

" Momoring! "  17years old, high school girl, Mina ran into the living room to give a greeting hug to her only cousin who is one year older than her.

" Minari.. " 

Mina could say something was odd in Momo's tone that she slowly released her cousin and looked at the direction the older is staring. It was the first time seeing her mother again in 7 years. But it was not a very welcome reunion for her. Instead of running towards her mother and got a warm hug, she hid behind Mrs. Son. There were the whole Hirai family and her mother in the living room but Hirai know Mina did not need to behave like this when she is not the one to feel guilty. It is the fact only her mother does not know because she is too immersed in her ego that she could not accept the truth. 

" How dare you appear in my sight!!!? " 

Mrs. Myoui pulled Mina and slapped before Mrs. Son could stop her. It was too late, Mina fell onto the floor and looked back at her mother. She felt so miserable initially but at the time she saw pitiful eyes on her, she refused to live in this way. She was so sick of being a victim for something she never did, she realized she needs to become a beast to defend herself from those eyes.

" How can you be so shameless? Did I do something wrong to you?? Why did you kill my poor son, huh?!! "

Mrs. Hirai stops her sister-in-law while Mrs. Son helps Mina stands up. Mina removes the older's hand on her arm and looks at her mother's face which is showing full of hatred for her. It was the last time, Momo knew her soft and adorable cousin was gone.

" If I knew that, I'll definitely kill you since you were born. You know what both of your parents didn't want you in the first place! " The living room was silent after her mother's harsh words but Mina did not even show a sign of pain on her face. She walked closer to her mother and whispered into her mother's ear.

" Then, why didn't you kill me? It's all your fault to let me live, Mom. Don't blame me now. it's way too late. " Mina then stepped back and stared at her mother with a devious smile. Momo thought her cousin was really scary when she made that smirk she has never seen on her face.

" How dare you!!! " Mina grabbed her mother's arm before her hand landed on her cheek for second time. She just learned how not to go speechless now.

" Don't you know, Mom? I'm your daughter. How does it feel when the person you hate most becomes the only child left of your family? You can never change it, Mom... Goodbye, my mother just died today. " Mina threw Mrs. Myoui's arm and walked out from the room as she did not want to be here even one more second.