Enemies to lovers (Pt 18)

Y/n and Jake were currently in the music room alone while everyone else went home early while they stayed behind to catch up on the lyrics since they kept changing it.

"How about like this?" Y/n asked scribbling the last lyrics of the New song that her and Jake was gonna sing.

"Yeah, I suppose that's alright. I don't know what's wrong with my version of the line..." Jake said crossing his arms, Y/n rolls her eyes and ignored it and takes a final glance at the new lyrics.

"Well, I think that completes this verse!" Y/n announced as she closed the notebook shut and sighed in exhausted.

"So you're finally satisfied with it?" Jake asked.

"Mhm, I'm looking forward to singing the final version of the new song with everyone!" Y/n exclaimed and nodded.

"Y'know...We should totally celebrate together after the competition and maybe you know uh go on our first date? Since I didn't took you out yet..." Jake rubbed the back of his neck while Y/n chuckled and blushed.

"Well I suppose the celebration thing could work, Hailey would definitely agree with it and Maybe we could work on that date." Y/n winked at Jake while he smirked back and leaned towards her.

"Hey Jake...about the competition..I'm just not sure on how I'll do on stage..." Y/n said leaning back in her chair as Jake's smirk faded and leaned back a bit.

"I-I mean I'm excited but also quite nervous, I'm just afraid that I might fvck up again like I did In middle school...y'know?" Y/n slightly chuckled as Jake nodded and frowned.

"As much as I wanna sing with you...I'm just scared that it's gonna happen again and I'll go through the consequences once more..." Y/n muttered looking down in Shame.

Jake put a hand on Y/n's chin to make her look up to him.

"Hey it's ok...If you ever feel like you can't sing at any point, I'll be there to step in. You're not alone, remember? Plus I'll be leading first so you can step in after." Jake comforted as Y/n smiled and nodded.

"Thanks Jake, I don't think I would be able to do this without you..even though, I'm scared..I'm really excited too." Y/n mumbled as she had a small blush on her cheeks while Jake slightly chuckled.

"Me too."

"Careful though, Sterling. I might just surprise and steal the spotlight." Y/n cooed and winked at him.

"Oh ho ho Is that a challenge, L/n?" Jake smirked and leaned it to kiss her but before he could do that they heard a voice behind the door, "Hey Jakey~"

They immediately lean back and saw Henry and Liam peaking their heads out of the doorway while Drew walked in like it was nothing.

"Oh, er. Hey guys! What are you doing here?" Jake asked nervously while standing up from his seat.

"Just seeing what you're up to. You spend an awful lot of time here, after all. And you never invite us in." Drew stated while Y/n glared at him.

"Yeah why don't you show this "angelic" voice of yours for once?" Liam asked, Jake shrugged while Henry walked over and saw the notebook.

"Ooh, is that what you're singing?" Henry asked trying to lean in to open it while Y/n took the notebook from the table and protected it like it was her entire life.

"Ahem, Jake. We're kinda busy here, remember?" Y/n asked under a glare.

"Oh, er, right! Hey, er. Sorry guys, I'm a little busy right now." Jake explained while Drew groaned in response.