CHAPTER - 1

BAM!! His words pierced my heart like a bullet.

"I don't care if you die".

And just like that, I lost everything I held dear to me.
Well everything other than my art and my broken heart.

I couldn't think. I wanted to die. I tried to die.

I had just climbed a chair on the terrace to jump off, when....

"Wake up Love! Come on. It's just a dream. Wake up."My amazing husband woke me up from this nightmare of a dream.

I opened my eyes and was greeted by the sight of the most beautiful green eyes i've ever seen. Damon was staring at me with worry planted on his face. Softly, he caressed my face with the back of his hand, while searching my eyes for some kind of sign.

When he found it he finally relaxed.
"Are you okay?" He asked.

I just smiled at him in assurance, knowing it will soothe him more than words.

He leaned down and pecked my forehead, lingering there a while.
Then he kissed me sweetly. "Good morning to you too" i said between the kisses, laughing.

"Are you busy tonight?" He asked, as if i could ever be. Ever since i started working for as a freelance author, i've been freakishly free. I mean, i do have my book to write, but still, it's not like i'm doing that all the time. And i've to really keep on to the storyline to really make any progress. Half the time, I'm so engrossed in reading other's work, that i forget what i was writing about.

"Earth to Apricus!" I look towards the source of voice, only to find Damon looking at me, expecting an answer.

I just give him a deadpanned look. He raises his eyebrows, wanting a verbal answer. It's always been like this. Even though he understands my every expression, he still insists on hearing my answer. He says it's because he loves my voice. But i personally think that's a lie. I absolutely hate my voice. I croak more than i speak. Sometimes i think about taking an oath to go completely silent. But then i remember that i have a silly husband who'd probably have an aneurysm at the thought. It'll probably be funny. Or probably not.

"APRICUS!!" I blink in confusion as he shouts my name. Then i remember i was supposed to give him an answer. I grin sheepishly at him.

"What the hell love? I've been trying to get you to pay attention for like 5 minutes. What's got you thinking so hard this early in the morning?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Nothing much, just everyday musings. Anyway, back to the topic. You do know that i'm literally free all day since i left that law firm. So yeah, i'm free." I say the last two in a 'duh' tone. I mean, seriously, this man doesn't remember a single thing about me, his wife. I shake my head, fending off my brooding thoughts and get up.

I ask him if it was something special tonight. "Just wanted to take you out on a date. We haven't been on one in so long." He replied.

That's true. The last date we had was before The Incident. The unpeakable incident that took a part of us away. I remember being angry. And frustrated. And in love. But most importantly, i remember being scared to death. Not for myself, but for someone, i never thought would come into my life.

I was once again brought out of my mind by Damon tapping the side of my head lightly with his fingers. I looked towards him to find him giving me an exasperated look. I then remembered that we were having a conversation and i spaced out. I've been doing that a lot recently.

"I'm sorry about that. It is a wonderful idea. I would love to." I said as I apologized for going to la la land again.

He sighed. "Are you sure? I think you are ill. You've been spacing out a lot" he asked worried.