Chapter 46: 😊The Second Date😊

Start from the beginning

Mal’s eyes widened, Evie squealed, Carlos and Jay choked on their food a bit, and I gasped.

“But she’d be queen of a kingdom either way if Ben decides to marry her in the future.” Justine pointed out, making Ben and I blush.

The idea of being married to Ben is both scary and exciting at the same time, however that’s still so far away into the future, so I won’t be thinking about that right now.

“I’m sorry, what!? You’re going to believe some random, old stranger that you just met? You don’t even know if he’s telling the truth or not, or maybe your mom tricked you into following her little clues to see if you’d really be so stupid, and fall for it,” Mal breathed, her tone sounding harsh.

“M, calm down.” Raelynn softly spoke, as she gently tugged on the fae’s arm, Snatching her arm back and ultimately ignoring the hurt look on Raelynn'sf face, Mal stood up with her things, and looked me in the eyes, her own glowing a vibrant, malicious green.

“News flash, Nevaeh! You’re a VK! He’s a powerful king! HE WANTS NOTHING TO DO WITH US, WITH YOU, OR YOUR MOM!” Exclaimed Mal, who was practically seething at this point.

‘Wonder what ruffled her feathers? Just because her dad can’t be in her life, doesn’t mean that the rest of us have to live like that as well. Bitch needs to dial her attitude down and take a chill pill.’ I thought to myself, mentally rolling my eyes. The quiet that took place was eerie as I kept a pierced gaze at Mal.

“Breathe. Ma reine, you’re not breathing.” Ben whispered in my ear. I let out a breath through my nose that I didn’t know I was holding in.

“Shit’s about to go down.” I heard Jay whisper to Nigel.

“My money’s on Nevaeh.” Nigel and Jay said in unison. Holding eye contact with Mal, I let my eyes flash blue before a small giggle escaped my lips. Turning to my friends, I gave them a small smile.

“Ben and I will see you guys later. I believe I promised a second date, mon roi, so let’s go.” I offered him my hand, to which he gently kissed before grabbing it.

Waving my hand, I magically boxed our barely touched lunch- because I don’t like wasting food- and placed it in a bag. Casting a smug smirk at Mal, I waved goodbye to my friends before walking away with Ben.

XXX

“Is it wrong or bad that I was kind of looking forward to you…” Be trailed off, rubbing the nape of his neck sheepishly. I raised an eyebrow, teasingly.

“What? Beat her up?” I asked, amused.

“I was going to say put her in her place, but that works, too.” He chuckled, making me giggle.

“You’re unbelievable, beasty.” I smiled, to which he casually shrugged his shoulders before wrapping an arm around my shoulders. We continued to walk until we were in front of the school where a limo was waiting. 

“So, my beautiful girlfriend, where are you taking me?” He asked as we got inside the vehicle.

I pulled out my phone, going to the address of the place I had in mind, and showed it to the driver without Ben noticing. Once the driver placed the address in the GPS, he rolled up the partition before driving off.

“It’s a surprise, one I hope you’ll like, but you can know that afterwards we’ll have a mini picnic before going for some ice-cream.” I explained. He smiled at me before giving me a kiss on the lips.

“Sounds like a great second date.” He smiled, making me smile. It wasn’t long before the limo stopped at our destination. Getting out, I couldn’t help but grin when Ben’s jaw dropped and his eyes went wide.

“Ta da!” I exclaimed, throwing my hands out for dramatic flare.

“I-I don’t know what to say…” He stated as he looked at the big open-sign in neon letters. We had arrived at Lancelot’s Laser Tag Arena, a place I came across a few days after Ben and I’s first date, when I was looking for possible date ideas and locations to try out that I thought he might like.

This place came up and I thought it was a good idea, not to mention it can easily be a good stress reliever, something I know he really needs, especially with his coronation coming up.

“Do you like it?” I asked, nervously.