CHAPTER THIRTY

"WE'RE GOING TO HANAKO-KUN'S PLACE WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!" you tried to drag Akane away from the spot that Aoi was taken from, but he wouldn't budge, "C'MON!"

"NO–" he tries to pull his hand away from your death grip– "WAY! NEVER!!!"

You held your place as Akane tried to go in the opposite direction of where you wanted. Still holding his hand, you almost fell as you pulled his arm again, but other than that, neither of you would budge. The two of you argued, and argued, and argued.
What had happened was that Aoi had been kidnapped and Akane felt like he was about to throw a tantrum. You, on the other hand, wanted to ask Hanako for help, but–

"You may like no. 7, who is dead, " Akane roughly pulled his hand away from your grip, "But I don't trust him. If it was L/N-san, he would help, but I don't think that no. 7 would even move to help Ao-chan."
He then began to walk away, throwing his left hand up in the air, a gesture of goodbye, "So that's why I will go find Ao by myself."

Your forehead irked and you quickly reached out and grabbed his hand – that was still in the air, "As I said…" you looked down, a shadow cast over your face, before you kicked him harshly on the side of his torso, "... IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO BY YOURSELF, IDIOT!"

Akane became even angrier by the second. He grabbed you harshly by the shirt, pulling you forward so your faces were almost touching, "AHHH! COME ON! YOU'RE SO PERSISTENT!"

You then smirked and was about to say something stupid, but was silenced by a person – no, more like a ghost – walking past the two of you. It was muttering something, floating towards an open door at the end of the hallway. It was a figure of a woman. Her body was see-through and the clothes on her were traditional ones, and a bow was placed on the back of her head. She picked up the basket that Aoi dropped and floated towards a door.
"...This way," she said and brought the basket up and in front of her, "I'll take you to that child." She walked into the door.

Akane had let go of your shirt and the two of you were now staring absentmindedly at the door, then looking at one another.
"Wait!" You sprinted after the ghost and into the opened door. Akane dead panned at your stupidity.

"HEY! WAIT!" He jogged after you, "WAIT, L/N-SAN!"

"Eh?"

The two of you were standing inside an elevator, Aoi's basket in front of your feet. Akane looked around, "Looks like an elevator. Let's go back, we need to help Ao-chan–"

"Going down.."

"What the fuck did you do this time, Aka-kun!?"

"It's not me, you moron! The elevator is moving on its own!" Akane then tried to press the buttons, but the elevator wouldn't stop. Then the door opened, and in stepped a bunch of small supernaturals, together with a big one. Luckily for you, they stepped off not soon after. The more the elevator stopped, the more supernaturals the two of you encountered. At the end, you fell to the floor, looking as dead as a corpse.