CHAPTER FIVE

"HAS ANYONE SEEN BETTY?!"

You may be wondering what's happening right now and to answer that question… I have no idea. Chaos erupted in class 1-a, students were searching for their missing stuff and you were one of them.

You were going feral while searching through your bag and around your desk; where the hell is Betty!?

You might also be wondering who this Betty is and to answer that–

'HEY! INSTEAD OF HAVING AN LITERAL MONOLOGUE, HELP ME FIND HER INSTEAD, YOU MORON!'

Right– You were searching everywhere, but you couldn't find her. Standing up, you took your leave out of the classroom door, walking heavily; you were about to have a mental breakdown because of this!

'I swear, when I find out who did this, I'll make sure that they'll never see another day–' you were so mad at this, who could have dared to take Betty away from you?!

"Guys! Come quick!"

Speed walking out of the door you saw that someone had taken away some of the lockers doors, including yours.

"First Betty and now this?!" You walked towards your locker and took out a tennis bat, ready to bash some brains out.

You turned around, "Nene, do you have–"

Yashiro stood in front of you, water splashed all over her. Aoi was freaking out beside her and she quickly tried to wipe the water away from her friend.

Noticing something on the radish's hand, you took it and sprinted towards the old school building.

"Y/N, what are you–?!" Nene was caught off by you giving her a towel (that you found on the floor.)

"Here."

You looked away from Yashiro and a thought in her mind popped up. Were you embarrassed? To answer that question, no, you weren't. You just saw a trail of a bunch of the missing stuff.

Yashiro took the towel and dried herself up. She then saw what you were looking at, "A lunch box?"

"Weren't someone looking for that?" You asked no one in particular and picked up the bento. You then glanced at some weird thing, "Is that the thing that Akane was searching for?"

"Ah!–" Yashiro rushed forward and picked something up– "My notebook and text book!"

While Yashiro was picking up the rest of the missing stuff, you walked after her, letting her take the lead. You two then stood Infront of a big door.

Sensing that something bad was going to happen, you reached out to stop Yashiro from opening the said door.

But you were too late.

A big creature came out of the now opened door and Yashiro stumbled to the floor, spooked by the monster before her.

"You," It croeked out and continued, "saw me."

"Nene!" You ran forward and stood Infront of her in a protecting manner, "I don't know what you are.. but…"

Seeing something in the corner of the dark room, you exclaimed:

"BETTY!" and ran into the room without no hesitation.

"Wait– no Y/N!" Yashiro tried to reach out for you from the floor, but she missed you by a second, and you were gone.

Petrified and tears in her eyes, Yashiro looked up into the creature's eyes.

You must never look upon them. If you do… they will take your life.

"Sic 'em, Haku-joudai!!"

***

"You're drawn to pretty boys and supernaturals, aren't you, yashiro?" Someone said while walking towards the radish.

"You really need to be careful, you know." They said and sat down in front of her.

"Humans die pretty easily," he smiled at her, " 'kay?"

"Hanako-san…" Tears fell from Yashiros eyes, "They took Y/N!"

Hanako-kun's eyes widened in shock, how could he had let this happen? He could feel hiss heart sink at the thought of you beeing gone. His only living friend, the person he wanted to protect… was gone?–

"I'm right here guys."

They turned their heads to the sound of your voice and Yashiro jumped up and hugged you, even more tears falling from her eyes, "Don't scare me like that!"

You chuckled awkwardly, "Heh… sorry?"

Hanako tilted his cap and chuckled, you sure are something else.

Then something fell on both your and Yashiro's heads.

Muttering a small 'ow', you picked up one of the pink bunnies by their ears (arms?), "What's this?"

"These guys are mokkes'," Hanako said and put his hands on each of your shoulders, "currently known as faeries."

"Faeries?" You asked, you weren't really updated on the rumours around the school.

"Yup!" Hanako-kun smiled and clapped his hands, continuing to explain,  "They're supernaturals that have been with humans since ancient times, performing small acts of theft and other mischief."

"They sure look allt different then they did a few minutes ago." Yashiro pointed out and poked one of the mokkes.

After Hanako's very long explanation, that I couldn't care less about, Yashiro agreed to help and change the romurs.

"Are you going to help too, Y/N?" Yashiro asked you and stood up, still holding mokkes' is her hands.

"Nah, I have other things to do, but–" you turned around and gave them a small smile– "good luck!"

"Hey, why do you always carry around that old bat of yours?"

You let out an exaggerated gasp, "Do NOT call Betty old!"

'Betty?' Hanako and Yashiro sweatdropped.

"And I carry her around incase of misfortunes!"

'Misfortunes?!'

"Anyway, wanna go and return the missing stuff that some supernaturals stole?" You gave the mokkes a friendly closed eyed smile, but your aura said something else.

"YES, CAPTAIN!"