CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"HEY! PINKY PIE! I WANNA BE YOUR FRIEND!" you pointed at the poor ghost boy as he quivered in his shoes

You were standing outside the school building. The ghost (who you got to know as Mitsuba), together with Kou,  was taking photos of birds until you came trotting towards them. Kou was standing a bit away from you until you confessed that you wanted to be friends with the pink haired boy.

Mistuba was standing there, shocked, why did you wanna be friends with him?

"And why should I be friends with you, ugly face." He gave you a snarky remark, turning back to take even more photos.

An invisible arrow hit your body, making you fall to your knees, hand on your heart, "that was harsh…"

But then you quickly scrambled to sit with the pink boy, "I still wanna be friends, Cutie!" You exclaimed looking at his eyes.

Kou was standing a bit away from the two of you. Did you just call Mitsuba cute? Well, you weren't really lying, the boy was stunning! But… something didn't sit right with Kou when you said it. Taking it upon himself to stop you from obliviously harassing the ghost, he took you by your collar.

"Stop pushing, Y/N… Can't you see he doesn't want to be friends with you?" He said in the most polite way he could, but you still took a hard hit to the heart.

"Oww…" you muttered as you held your heart again, "But still," you looked at Mitsuba with hope in your eyes,

"I am determined to make you my friend!"

*

The day went by with you trying to befriend the ghost, but to your dismay, he declined every offer! What were you gonna do now?! Kou had left to get a snack from the vending machine, leaving you with Mitsuba on the staircase.

When you actually want a friend they just run away. Were you really that unlikeable…?

"–And then it went like woosh in the air!" As you rambled on about one of your well awarded tennis matches, Mitsuba looked at you with wonder.

Why did you so desperately want to befriend him? Didn't you have other things to do? And why was it like you were flirting with him?!

"Y'know," you said, taking the ghost boy out of his train of thoughts "if you weren't so cocky, I'd gladly make you one of my bestest friends! Who am I kidding… I'd still make you my best friend, girly!"

And what was with all the nicknames?!

Taking offense to what you said, Mitsuba backed up, "Like I'd ever be friends with someone as lame as you!"

You gave him a side glance and smiled. Mitsuba stopped complaining about how awful it would be to be your friend, and looked at you.

The background was splashed with a variety of varm colors, making your skin glow in the yellow sun. Your smile was perfect, and Mitsuba found himself staring at you. Taking his camera, he snapped a photo of you.

Smiling he said, "You really have a creepy face Mx. Delinquent."

You opened your eyes in shock, an even bigger smile stretching across your face. Did he just smile at you?

"I'll take that as a compliment then, Pinky pie!"

*

"Well, okay! Let's pick this up tomorrow!" Walking back into the school, Kou talked to Mitsuba about the photos, wanting to see them as soon as possible.

"Yeah." Mitsuba replied looking away from Kou and to his right, making eye contact with you, "I'll be waiting at the entran–"

A chilling aura took over the hall the teens were in, sending a shiver down each of their spines.

"Miii-tsuuu-ba-kun." The person behind them spoke in syllables. "It bothers me when you do thes things."

Turning around you saw– Hanako 2.0?! What was he doing here??
Hanako…?" Putting a protective arm in front of Mistuba, Kou thought, '...no it's not him. Who is this kid…!?'

Tsukasa began to walk forward to Kou and Mitsuba, you quickly stepped away, afraid he might jump on you again. You didn't want to deal with this 'Hoshi' and 'Amane' shit right now. But taking out Betty from your backpack, you were taking precautions around this weird supernatural.

"Trying to move on…" Tsukasa patted Mitsubas shoulder as he leaned in, "without a word to me…?"

Sensing that something bad was going to happen, you tried to step in– "Wait!–"

SPLASH!!

You stopped, paralyzed, you stood there. What you saw made you sick to the stomach. Mitsuba fell to the floor with a loud thud, a hole in his chest.

Kou tried to punch Tsukasa, but he swiftly dodged it, taking ahold of Kou's head and smashing it into the wall beside him.

You just stood there petrified. It was like the world around you faded away, you tuned out Kou and Tsukasa's conversation.

"Girly…?"

A/N: I'm getting more motivation for this book, it's just that I'm lazy ;-;

Anyway, I love all the comments I've received on this book! It really makes my day... I'm so happy 😭😭

Have an amazing day, my loves!!