Chapter-12

A Subway Guy. 

They walked alongside each other, his hand gripping hers as light as a feather

They walked alongside each other, his hand gripping hers as light as a feather. She noticed how her small hand only held a few of his long fingers.

They hadn't spoken a word since they started walking. The hold on her hand remained constant, not tightening or loosening at any instant. He showed no signs of letting go of her hand at all.

She found it odd that his musty cologne was still strong during this time of the day. She preferred the smell of men's cologne more than the fragrant perfumes made for women. She had gotten accustomed to the constant usage of various colognes by her older brother and father and she found a sense of comfort in them.

"It looks real, babe," She heard judgmental whispers and sighed.

To make the situation worst, Zayden insisted Maxwell and Ruby tag along.

She had forgotten someone was behind her thanks to the awkward silence.

Ruby had been skeptical of her and Zayden and it was very evident that she thought this was an act of Melina's.

Had they been walking back of her, she would've thrown a glare at Zayden, for kissing her hand seemed invasive when this was only their third time meeting each other. It just so happened to be in front of her friends who were about to break up.

Zayden was serene, causing her to pinch his fingers subtly.

He looked at her and averted his gaze from her immediately. Her attempt to free herself went in vain when he clutched her hands completely.

She started to wonder if she should seize the opportunity of touching the walking beauty or let her feminist side take over. It was obvious which side won.

Who says looks don't matter?

"Where are we going?" She asked, looking up at Zayden.

She hadn't looked at him ever since his plump lips brushed against her rough skin.

She began to drown in those restive pair of hazel eyes that looked right into hers. She doubted if she could ever get used to it.

His fingers pointed towards her left and she followed the direction until she laid eyes on a popular fast-food center.

"Subway," Ruby said, in a low voice.

"We're eating at Subway?"

Zayden looked at Maxwell from over his shoulder, "You don't want to eat there?"

Maxwell visibly stiffened at his stare and shook his head, "N-No, I'm alright with this man." The discomfort was manifested in his voice.

Ruby lowered her gaze and crossed her arms, smirking, "So you're a Subway guy, huh?"