Chapter-11

My boyfriend

She stared at the ground under her feet, perching her chin against her palm

She stared at the ground under her feet, perching her chin against her palm. While she remained seated on the stairs, she couldn't help but feel she was trapped in a dream or worst, hallucinating. Thoughts of several things flooded her mind and she let out a tiresome sigh.

"How much more long?"

She tilted her neck to see if he was out yet, but to no avail.

Twenty whole minutes had passed and there was no sign of Zayden. He stated the purpose of his visit was to meet an old friend of his who worked here.

Melina had no other option but to let him do what he intended on doing. They barely knew each other and it'd be wrong if she wanted to chat with him and hinder him from his activities.

Shutting her eyes close, she huddled down bringing her face closer to her knees.

She perceived soft footsteps, but ignored them.

Fate, she thought.

Was fate really beginning to work for her?

What if she had completely avoided him and walked away? That wouldn't have resulted in her current position.

"You're still here?"

Her head shot up and she saw him from her peripheral vision, and immediately stood up.

She looked at his grim orbs staring right into hers and she silently wondered if that was a habit of his.

"Yeah,"

"Why? I thought you had left," He averted his gaze to the staircase and began descending down.

She preferred to not answer the question lest she give him any misleading answers. Honestly, why did she wait for him? Was she that bored?

Their footsteps filled the silence. She noticed his steps were hurried and hard to keep up with. It'd be a lie if she said she didn't want him to stay here for a while.

Once their feet rested on firm land, they faced each other but with an evident distance maintained between them.

Melina clutched her fists and lowered her gaze.

"Don't you have any classes to attend?" His deep voice struck.

She met his bewitching eyes and proceeded to answer, "Actually no-

"You aren't skipping classes, are you?" he interrupted.

He sounded concerned and discomposed as he spoke, but he maintained a poker face.

As much as she wanted to deny his words, her thoughts took a turn. It was definite that she wanted to keep him with her for now, plus getting out reactions from him could keep her entertained.