Chapter-1

Hazel eyes

Monday, the first day of the week is chaotic and not something any sane mind would look forward to

Monday, the first day of the week is chaotic and not something any sane mind would look forward to. Unfortunately, that didn't hold for me, at least for two weeks. I wasn't too keen on returning home from a tough day of college.

"Snacks on me, Babe,"

I didn't bother to react to the voice or turn towards its source, I was well aware of the presence of a flirty couple behind me. I balled up her fists, containing my anger towards the public display of affection and obsessive relationships into a tight, sealed jar.

"Melina, care to join us?" The female's voice struck my ears and I put on a sweet façade, one that I had become accustomed to.

I turned to face them, weirded out by the proximity of their bodies.

I held my horses, "Where are we going?"

The linked couple, Maxwell and Ruby exchanged glances before coming up with an answer to me who was growing impatient over time.

I swore I'd clean my eyes once I got back home. Laying eyes on the immature and dreamy youths had stained them badly. I was pleased with my circle of friends but often condemned how they got into relationships without a second thought. This was my last year of university and everyone around me was either getting in or out of relationships.

Maxwell suggested, "The place we always go to?"

Ruby's eyes lit up in realization and she profusely nodded, "Yes, the peri peri fries!"

We'd often hang out at the cafeteria or by the familiar snacks shop on campus if we were free from classes. I wasn't necessarily a part of the squad that hung out by the eateries, but I would give in once in a while.

I agreed, "Okay,"

Turning front, I reminded myself to stay serene with a bunch of love-struck fools.

"Ruby, have you watched that new movie yet?"

"Oh, you mean the one released last week? I heard about it from my sister, she says it's good," Ruby chirped, hinting that she was interested in watching it with no one else except for her boyfriend.

He chuckled, "Alright then, does this Saturday work for you?"

"I have all the time for you,"

Yuck, I grimaced.

I decided to keep herself busy by gazing at the peaceful ambiance of the university. We walked on the grass that got its fresh green hue from the May rains. The blue sky was clear, adorned with cauliflower-shaped clouds that were shortly going to turn grey, eventually causing thunderstorms and showers.

I hadn't been allowed to regret pursuing a degree at this university. It was great in all aspects. The private educational institution had remarkable and supportive faculty, reliable transportation, and a spectacular campus balanced with buildings and nature.