Chapter-6

I'm a grown up, right?

It was a bright and frightening Wednesday in Melina's abode, for the date with Zayden was happening today instead of the weekend, adding to her list of misfortunes

He was so bad at timing.

She could hear the crows cawing, making her fear of a bad omen coming on her way. But, her mind was distracted by the voice of her mother.

"Melina, don't forget whatever I've told you!"

She stopped shuffling between the dresses and turned to face her mother, her eyes unblinking, "What. . did you tell me again?"

The older lady turned red, her eyes widening at the unbelievable daughter she'd given birth to.

"Melina Alphonso," She warned, "I can't believe you're going out on a date when you're so forgetful and absent minded."

Sensing a raging fire, her brain started working and recollecting her words from earlier, "Ah, Ah I remember now."

"No, you don't," She sighed, not buying her statements.

"I do-

"First, don't look at your phone when you're having a conversation. Second, don't talk with your mouth full if you value your life and the date. Last but not the least, no inappropriate comments."

The round eyed girl gawked at her, questioning if she were an adult or a child. She's a grown up, but at times questioned the same.

"Yeah, I get it," She sarcastically smiled, showing her frustration on the nagging woman would be the last thing she'd want to do.

"Sarcasm is prohibited in the date," she quoted.

To say that she was going manic would be an understatement. Melina mentally reasoned out why she shouldn't have agreed to the date with that man.

She helplessly glanced at her wardrobe and at the pile of clothes that laid on the ground.

She had nothing to wear.

The universal truth of every girl.

She perceived her mother's soft footsteps towards the small closet beside her, but couldn't care less.

Stupid date, she thought.

"Here,"

She turned back to face her mother who held a yellow bag, "What's this?"

As she took it in her hands, she guessed it was a dress. In no time, she ripped open the plastic cover and her eyes were blessed with the sight of a beautiful dress.

She was in awe, "For me?"

"I brought it for you a while ago," she softly said, "This will suit you well."