Chapter 26 - Endgame [Censored]

Around an hour later, we arrived back at our camp.

Kouenji-kun, who had already made it back with Kiyotaka, walked up to me after our return. We found a quiet spot in the cave and went through the contract together. He signed both copies without hesitation, regardless of the clause that forbade him to betray the class, and kept one for himself, while I took a hold of the other one.

"You seem to mistrust me, Princess-girl."

"One can never be too careful, don't you agree?"

A loud, charismatic laugh shook the walls of the cavern.

"Indeed."

Neither of us could back out of the terms we had agreed upon without severe repercussions. With this irrevocable contract in hand, I could rest assured that he wouldn't betray us during this exam. I gambled once again, hoping that Fumei would come through for me, contrary to Kouenji-kun, who would most likely deliver after everything I've seen him do the past few days.

It couldn't have been a coincidence that he brought this giant fish a few days ago, but proof that he wasn't only spouting nonsense in order to make me consider this deal. His actions were a clear demonstration that he differed from the remaining Class D students, who wouldn't have been able to act in such a brazen manner, and a hint that he might have caused my boyfriend's accident on purpose.

After this problem was taken care of, I made my way over to Kiyotaka.

Now that he was hurt, I wouldn't let him do anything during this exam. I was furious that he continued running, kept renewing the spots, and worked himself to exhaustion, despite my repeated pleas to slow down and rest when it became too much for him. But this anger couldn't compare to the relief I felt when I saw him again. Aside from a few scratches, a light bump to the head and a sprained leg, he was fine, according to him, at least.

I opened the tent and dove into my boyfriend's muscular chest.

Hirata-kun and Kushida-san were busy stopping any fires from spreading, while I took time I didn't have to be with him. This wasn't only out of a deep, lingering desire, but necessity, as I couldn't function anymore without charging myself with his everlasting, warm presence.

This exam on unfamiliar ground was too harsh for the current me.

The previous time I had spent with him alone in a tent led to a rather uncomfortable situation, but I couldn't have cared any less about the arousing thoughts that flooded my mind. I just wanted to hold on to him, feel his tempting body heat, breathe his seductive scent, hear his humming heartbeat, taste his luscious lips and study his sweet smile.

Kiyotaka's spheres widened in surprise when I snuggled into him and closed my eyes to rest.

The two of us talked about trivial stuff, none of which had anything to do with the task at hand. I just wanted to escape from this current situation and enjoy our intimacy as we were embracing each other for as long as we could.

My head, which rested on his broad chest, heaved up and down, following his calm breaths. The relaxed pulse below his rib cage was slow and rhythmical, guiding mine. His rugged, yet gentle hands caressed over my hair and neck, before massaging my shoulder and back, making me feel loved, cherished and cared for.

I slid up and planted a kiss on his delicious lips.

[Censored by wattpad]
If you are reading this, then you might want to continue reading somewhere else.

The uncensored version is available on ff.net and ao3, links in the comment.

Neither site requires an account, so you can pop in, read the chapter and return to wattpad if that's what you prefer.