Chapter 21 - Domination

Hirata-kun began to distribute miscellaneous tasks like gathering wood, dry leaves, berries and mushrooms in the surrounding area. We pushed the decision about which things to purchase back for the moment, since we still needed to check if some items couldn't be supplemented with cheaper alternatives. Kushida-san was very helpful with appeasing the boys and girls for the moment, but the decision would have to be made today.

Going over Ike-kun's notes to narrow down the list of items should have been my task now, but since Kiyotaka just came back from his exhausting trip, I wanted to make sure that he was feeling alright first.

Both Hirata-kun and Kushida-san convinced our classmates that this was the only correct decision at the moment, so not even Shinohara-san pushed back because of the toilet that hadn't been bought yet. Since everyone but Sudou-kun had managed to visit the bathroom on the cruise ship, it wouldn't be a problem to discuss our sanitary situation later.

I ambled into the chilly cave and waved at Kiyotaka, who was leaning against one of the walls.

His whole body was drenched in sweat as all the exhaustion that had accumulated due to the heat sapped on his strength. This was one of the reasons for his labored, strained breathing as well as his rather pale complexion.

"Are you feeling better, Kiyotaka? You didn't need to push yourself so hard..."

My handsome yet defenseless boyfriend gifted me with one of his rare, faint smirks as I sat down beside him. I wiped the sticky, damp hair out of his face and checked the temperature on his forehead to make sure that he hadn't caught a sunstroke or something equally bad.

Even now, his usual calm facade didn't waver.

"Don't worry Chiaki, I'm fine. But I guess I've put you in a difficult position, huh?" He leaned against my shoulder and took a deep breath. "They'll surely think that you are a demon now, even towards your boyfriend. Maybe I should have taken it slower for your sake."

At least he could still crack jokes...

"Come on..." I tapped on my lap, brimming with confidence. "Lie down and rest for a bit."

Satou-san said that this was a so-called 'lap pillow', and that every boy was thrilled to receive them, especially from their girlfriends. According to her, it was as simple as him placing his head on my lap and relaxing while I was supposed to stroke his hair while he either slept to recharge or talked with me to tighten our bond.

I hadn't heard about this before, but I didn't mind spoiling my attractive boyfriend once in a while. Now that he was exhausted and tired, it was the perfect opportunity for us to experience this new first together.

Kiyotaka glanced at me before his captivating gaze swayed towards my thighs.

Although I was wearing my jersey, which was much less revealing than the swimsuit I had donned on the cruise ship, I couldn't help but feel aware of him and the way his eyes shifted after my proposal.

He leaned forward, and the scent of his fresh sweat drifted into my nose.

It didn't smell bad, but it wasn't as pleasant as his usual body odor that I learned to love over the past few months. I didn't need to wrinkle my nose because of it, but I wouldn't lean into him to take a whiff, either.

My heart stopped thumping inside my chest as he rested his head on my lap.

His soft, warm breath, which shouldn't have been able to penetrate the thick fabric of my jersey, tickled the smooth skin of my thighs as a strange tingling sensation traveled through my whole body. The unfamiliar, fuzzy feeling spread from my lower limbs through my upper body and into my brain, where it lingered until the next jolt arrived.