Too much too soon

Journal title: Still pissed at you

Today's the 21st

Preston has been trying to get ahold of me through the two-way, almost non-stop. Probably wondering where I am, as I promised to help retake the Castle. Now I do plan on upholding my promise. I do, really, but when I see that loudmouth, he's getting decked. Is it the right thing to do? No, but will it make me feel better? Yes.

Regarding my game of 20 questions with Hancock the other day, I'm not sure how I feel. I don't feel better or worse. On one hand, worse because of Preston's loudmouth, I was forced to talk about those things and, on the other, a bit better because I talked instead of just writing everything in my journal. There is still quite a bit I didn't tell him or elaborate on, which should be fine; he has the context for what Preston spilled, just not the nitty-gritty novel details.

I'm not even sure he needs those nitty-gritty details. I mean... shit, it's almost been 4 months since I dethawed. I'm different today from who I used to be. I'm stronger, more capable of taking care of myself, more level-headed. Hell, I don't take as many risks as I used to back before the bombs... and that's okay. Most of who I was before the war is gone; who I am and what I do now is all that matters. NOT who I used to be

Hell, Hancock is itching to get back on the road, so I guess meeting Preston is now or never.

Audio log 1/24/2288

Initializing

Program running

Time: 9:00 AM

Detected voices: Hancock, John. Gibson, Callie.Garvy, Preston

Callie: PRESTON GARVY!

John: Take it, easy Princess, you're clenching your fists so hard the knuckles are white

Callie: We had our talk, now it's time for me and him to have ours...

Preston: General, please stop the yelling. Do you want to wake every feral in the area?

Callie: Hi... fuck you

9:12 audio detected "punch"

John: CALLIE!

Preston: oww... you know, don't you

Callie: Oh, I know you dickwad. How fucking dare you. And ... Hancock let go of me!

John: No, don't need you beating the snot of your first in command, in front of... what do you guys call yourselves? Soldiers?

Preston: Soldiers, and okay, I deserved to be punched. But I'm sorry, I just assumed he knew as much as we did, considering how long you traveled with him.

Callie: That still doesn't mean you run your mouth! When you assume you make an ass out of you and me. Also who the fuck is we?

Preston: what? An "we" is codsworth, me and Sturges

John: what?

Callie: Nevermind, Hancock, let go of me

John: Nope, temper temper

Preston: Look, I'm really sorry I am; everyone was worried about you, you kept saying shit in your sleep, and hey, its not like I mentioned the suicide attempt...

Callie: EXCUSE ME?!?

John: Preston, my dude, what did you do. Why would you suspect that?