Chapter Five

Jiyoon POV

Few days passed, I've never gotten the chance to meet Vernon, we have only been talking through text messages. But he often sends me a selfie of himself and that's what makes me relieved.

I always want to meet him but every time we plan something, his mom or Anna always asked me to accompany them to go shopping or anything else as long as I can't see Vernon.

I woke up, did my usual morning routine and here I am, at the counter of the store, waiting for customers. Hwanwoong often asked about my condition.

"Hey Jiyoon. Are you okay? You look so gloomy today." He asked.

"I'm okay, Hwanwoong. I'm just.... sleepy." I replied.

"I don't think you are sleepy Jiyoon. Tell me." Hwanwoong hold my hand.

"I said I'm okay, Hwanwoong." I scoff.

"Well, it's okay if you don'tt want to talk about it. But I just want to let you know that I'm here." He looked at me with his large, sparkling eyes.

"Thank you Hwanwoong." I smiled.

Vernon POV

Omg, I have been so tired these days, I need to accompany Anna doing all her stupid things. Well, my mom was the one who asked me to but I'm too tired of this, I can't do it anymore.

When Anna showed up outside the shop, I grabbed her hand and dragged her straight to the parking lot.

"What the heck Choi Hansol? Get off me." She said, trying to release herself from my grip.

I pulled her out near my car and asked her.

"I know there's something wrong all this time. Did you and mom plan anything, Sim Anna?" I asked coldly.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She said, trying to get in the car.

I snapped out and rudely close the door, pushing her to the car window.

"TELL ME!!" I shouted.

"OKAY OKAY!! YOU'RE RIGHT!! BUT IT'S YOUR MOM'S IDEA!!" She said with a shaky tone.

I scoff in disbelief.

"How could you do this to your own friend, Anna? That's enough of you, get lost." I pushed her and hop inside the car, quickly locking it after.

"CHOI HANSOL!! CHOI HANSOL!! HOW WILL I GO HOME?!" She asked, knocking her knuckles rather harsh against the window.

"Walk. You can't walk but too good at badmouthing others?" I said and drove away from her.

Anna POV

I couldn't believe this man. I need to go home using a taxi for hours and live in this crap apartment.

I walked towards my room and started to throw things, simply making my room look like it has just been hit by a tornado.

"SHIN JIYOON!! THAT GIRL!! JUST WAIT FOR YOUR DEATH!!" I grit my teeth.

Jiyoon POV

"Jiyoon. I'll go first. Take care." Hwanwoong said.

"Okay." I said while dealing with one customer.

After they left, suddenly my phone rang and it was Vernon calling.

"Jiyoon, I'll pick you up. Please wait for me and if Anna-"

Suddenly my phone ran out of credit and automatically hang up. I sighed and suddenly Anna showed up in front of me.

"Anna, what are you doing here?" I smiled.

"SPARE THAT SMILE AND LEAVE VERNON!!" She suddenly yelled.

I snapped, "Sorry but I will not do that, unless if Vernon himself that-"

"YAHH, SHIN JIYOON!! Have you ever looked at yourself? You... don't deserve Vernon at all." She laughed.

She paused for a while before continuing her words, "Vernon is just using you, fool. You are so naive."

"Spare it Anna. I want to go home now. Please don't disturb me okay." I said.

"You think you can get him? Do you know how long I tried to get him?"

Suddenly my phone rang again. It was Vernon.

"Is that him? What a coincidence." She snatched my phone and started to talk with Vernon.

Anna POV

"Hi Jiyoon. Thank god you pick it up."

"Jiyoon? Hey Vernon, it's me, Anna."

"What do you want now, Sim Anna?" He said annoyed.

"Right now, I'm right in front of your lover's shop. I came here to destroy what you two are trying to build. Vernon, you have to remember one thing. If I can't be happy, don't expect that you will be happy too." I said, seriously.

"Anna, please don't do anything. Please Anna." His worried voice pleaded.

"As long as I don't get what I want, I won't stop." I said and hang up.

I turned my head, approach her and throw her phone harshly.