Chapter Three

Vernon POV

I was fixing my tie to get ready for dinner until someone suddenly entered my room. I turned around to see Anna observing my room.

"Anna ? What are you doing here ?"

"I'm good , thanks for asking Vernon." she said sarcastically.

"No seriously, why are you entering my house and even my room without permission? "

"Jeez, calm down lover boy. It's not like I haven't entered your room back then. We even had a sleepover. Plus you didn't locked the door so I just simply went inside."

"But that was like years ago. Now we're adults remember?"

"Gosh , you've changed." She replied while rolling her eyes.

I just laugh seeing her reaction.

Few Minutes Later

We both arrived at a fancy restaurant. Anna held my arm as we walked inside together. When we arrive at the table , mom greets us with a big smile.

"Hello you two , fancy to meet you here!" Mom said happily.

"Happy Anniversary Mr and Mrs Choi." Anna said while giving my parents a hug.

"Thank you sweetheart, but please don't call us that. Just call us Mom and Dad." Mom replied.

Anna just laughed and nodded her head as I raised my eyebrows at my mom but she just ignored me and gave me a hug instead.

"Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad." I said.

"Thank you Honey. Let's sit now." She replied.

"So where's your girlfriend Vernon?" My dad suddenly spoke.

"She has work and she has a name Dad. Her name is Jiyoon." I replied

"Uhm yes, whatever you want to say."

"Mom, did I mention how pretty you've gotten?" Anna said.

God, now she's trying to win my mom's heart. She never changed.

I thought and just shook my head.

Anna POV

"Mom, are you.. close with Vernon's girlfriend?" I asked after dragging Vernon's mom somewhere kinda far from him.

"Not really, why do you asked?"

"I'm sorry, but, I actually don't like her. I meant, she doesn't look like someone who's from a good family and she's just working as a cashier at a convenience store." I said.

His mom nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, actually our family didn't really match before this. Like, both me and Vernon's father dislikes her mum but we can't do anything since he really loves her." She then looked at me.

"How about you Anna? Do you have a boyfriend?" I laughed at her question.

Of course not, no one else except Vernon can be my boyfriend.

"No, mom. I'm still single, why?"

"You know what, I think it's better if you're the one who's dating my son rather than that girl."

"Really, mom? Um- to be honest, I do like Vernon, but I tried to get rid of my feelings cause he has a girlfriend."

"Don't worry, darling. I'll help you to get along with Vernon. Just wait."