Chapter 5: Serendipitous Rescue

(The version you are currently reading is a whole rewritten chapter that I am finally 100% proud of because it seems to be more realistic than reencountering the familiar masked man when walking around the city and immediately inviting him over your home just to bake him cookies👀
As I have done that, it now changed most course of my future chapters that I had now unpublished! Enjoy reading as well as look forward for more future chapters!)

Temperatures decreased in a span of two days as Christmas neared. You occasionally glance outside through your balcony and began noticing snow visibly beginning to form amongst the roofs and windowsills from other apartments and buildings. The scene mixed beautifully with the decorated and warm environment in the comfort of your own home if someone ever painted it.
On the day you went grocery shopping to give baking a shot, it stroked your ego when nailing some decent cookies the first try. Those were now the treats you baked whenever you felt like it which would be the third time. At this point, your whole apartment smelled like a bakery.
At some point, for some reason, you remembered how Mully scolded you, bringing up the disappointment you felt as in the moment. You thought of some sort of apology that could make up for the risk you laid on Mully's diner and the extra burden Ted had to carry just when you knew a couple of teenagers trespassing were enough. Then it hit you when looking down at the tray of cookies originally planned to be eaten by you. You began preparing two ziplock bags to slide three cookies in each. Once that was done, you focused putting the rest on a plate before grabbing your apartment key, slipping on warm layers, and your shoes. You then went out heading straight for Mully who you know is working at this hour.
Upon entering, you looked around for Mully until your heart raced out of the deep nervousness you feel at the sight of him coming in the kitchen from the back. The thought of when last time you visited to eat a midday meal confused you as the thought to apologize never crossed your mind.
His eyes landed on you first with mere surprise.
"(Y/N)?"
"Hey, Mully. I'm only here to apologize and give you something," you briefly explained, walking in front of the cashier as Mully followed.
"O-Of course, I don't mean doing this so I can gain back my position to work early than my return date, but to genuinely apologize for my irresponsibility and how it almost put you and your diner at risk," you said while sliding one of the bags of cookies on the counter towards your employer.
Mully slowly took the bag switching his gaze between it and you. His eyes softened, knowing how much guilt you have and seeing the truthfulness behind your motive. He shook his head. "It's okay, (Y/N). All is forgiven already. Don't fuss over it, okay?" He smiled.
Hearing those words lightened your gloomy mood which is what Mully noticed and chuckled,
"But thank you for the apology anyways. And the cookies."
You nodded now smiling and said your farewells.

Moving on, you headed to the next stop where you know Ted is currently at: the security shack.
Arriving in the subway yard, you observed around you the vandalism Jake caused throughout his antics. You sighed shaking your head with a slight smile as you continued forward

 You sighed shaking your head with a slight smile as you continued forward