Chapter 25: Friends

Start from the beginning

"Why'd you do that? Mr. Parriston asked her.

"There's nothing back home. A big empty house."

"Mom, what are you talking about, you have a husband and you have Rockett. You're definitely not lonely."

"You don't even visit me, and Rockett has her own life. She's barely ever at home."

"What about Tim, you don't talk about him much like you used to, is everything okay?"

"I don't know," Mrs. Parriston answered, the words getting caught in her throat.

Mr. Parriston patted her back gently and I finished my breakfast, took my plate and glass to the sink, washed it and put it away before leaving the kitchen.

She was looking for sympathy from her son and he was too kind to see it. Mrs. Parriston's husband was whipped. Tamed and listened like a puppy. He wasn't going to leave her even if he had hit the lottery.

Hell, Mrs. Parriston herself was the lottery.

~

Later on in the evening, I had inform Mavielle of what took place at the club after she had left. She was furious when I told her about Flamboyant's actions and had agree to address her about it in person on Sunday. We were going to meet up at Flamboyant's apartment. Thanks to the new change in shifts, we wouldn't be able to see on some days and Mavielle couldn't wait until.

I was walking along the hallway, texting back and forth with Adonna as well when I bumped into someone.

"That's how accidents happen," Mr. Parriston said.

"I'm so sorry."

"And that's usually what the driver who's at fault says," he continued. We lightly laughed and he continued on his way but when I paid closer attention to his retreading, he was pulling some suitcase behind him.

I hoped that belonged to Mrs. Parriston.

"Sir... Are you, leaving?" I questioned, walking towards him to catch up. He stopped and turned towards me.

"Yeah, I am. I have several business meetings and a function I must attend to in New York."

"Okay. How long you'll be gone?"

"I'll be back next week."

"Safe travels then."

"Thank you."

He continued onwards and a sad feeling rolled around in my stomach. Mr. Parriston was leaving and Mrs. Parriston was still here.

I'll be stuck with her until he gets back.

~

For the remainder of the evening and night, I avoided Mrs. Parriston. I ate in my bedroom and looked at TV in there too.

After John had left, it was only Mrs. Parriston and I inside the mansion. The security guards patrol the grounds and never entered unless told to do so by Mr. Parriston, Mrs  Parriston or Mavielle.

~

Sunday came which was like a repeat of Saturday morning for me, expect having Mr. Parriston present.

Then finally, it was time to leave and meet up with Mavielle. She drove a car and picked me up at the entrance of the gate.

She drove directly to Flamboyant's apartment, pounded on the door and stormed in with me behind her when Flamboyant came to answer it.

"Mavielle, what the hell, what's the meaning of this?" Flamboyant asked, eyeing us dreadfully. She was wrapped in a robe with her hair dripping wet.

"Adani told me something very disturbing and I can't believe you would do such a thing, Flamboyant," Mavielle said.

"Look, if this is about what happened after outside the club..."

"How can you abandon her like that?!" Mavielle yelled.

"Okay, just hold up right now. I'm not responsible for Adani and I never would be! I didn't want to get involved in her shit! That's her battle! Not mine!" Flamboyant shouted in defense.

"We all went together! We should have each others' backs! You drove off and left her to fend for herself after she told us what happened in her previous relationship. How can you be so cruel, we're friends!"

"Adani isn't my friend. And I'm questioning if you're mine right now. We work together as maids. We barely even know this girl or if she's even telling the truth about herself! She just showed up and has more baggage than a freaking cargo!"

"I may have hid the truth because I didn't want to dish my life out at once but I'm not a liar, Flamboyant," I spoke up.

"I don't care. I don't care about you. I don't care about your situation and you two are not going to make me feel guilty about leaving. I did what I did. I'm not intervening in anyone's drama. I have enough to deal with. Call me selfish, call me the worst name in the book, I don't care."

"You're willing to burn this bridge?" Mavielle asked.

"Mavielle, why don't you just pick a side and stay there! A friend of everyone is a friend to none. I was your friend first! You've known me for YEARS but you put me on a back burner the moment Adani walked into the mansion. You knew damn well the top floor was mine!"

"YOU WORKED THE TOP FLOOR! Mr. Parriston got uncomfortable with YOU!"

Flamboyant's eyes popped like it was the first time she was hearing the reason why Mr. Parriston had her moved to the second floor.

"Get out of my apartment," she spoke softly. Mavielle nodded, took my hand and we left.

We got back into Mavielle's car and she started driving.

"Can I ask you something?" I questioned.

"Sure."

"Before I ask, I just want to say thank you for standing up for me like that but I also don't want to be the reason you and Flamboyant weren't friends anymore. She was right when she said you and her were friends first. I just came along."

"Adani, you made me realize she isn't a real friend. Real friends don't do that! She shouldn't have left you. Of course I wasn't expecting her to be up front and center but she shouldn't have left you! She shouldn't have left you! SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE LEFT YOU!" Mavielle screamed and pounded on her steeling wheel after every word.

Mavielle was furious and I was scared out of my mind.

"Mavielle, it's fine. Please calm down."

She was crying now.

"Mavielle, are you okay, do you want me to drive?"

Without answering, she indicated she was pulling over and then the car came to a stop. I searched and found some tissues and handed it to her before we exchanged seats.

"Mavielle, what's going on?" I asked, knowing something else was bothering her.

"Today marks the year since my mother passed."

"Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry."

"We had just left the movie theater and was heading to the car park when this car came out of nowhere and was about to hit me but my mom shoved me out of the way and she got hit instead. The plates were not on the car. That person knew what they were doing. That hit was meant for me."

"Mavielle..."

"The police never caught the driver..."

_______________________

Flamboyant's POV

I couldn't believe those two bitches coming to my place with their drama. Mavielle had never been a real friend to me. She was jealous of me, my looks, my apartment and my relationships.

She was aware that something was blossoming between Mr. Parriston and I and so she came in the middle, told him lies on me and destroyed the bond we were having.

I heaved a sigh and finished getting ready. I went into the garage and got into my new jeep. In my rearview mirror, I was staring at my other vehicle. 

_________________
A/N

Hii.. Don't forget to vote 💥😎