Chapter Twenty

As the night progressed, the couples were dancing to Christina Perri's "A Thousand Years." Jake and I were dancing next to Jana and Ryan and talking about things.

"So, what did you and Ethan talk about?" I asked.

He spun me around gracefully, then answered. "He was talking about what Jenna went through when she was in high school and after getting married, then said that you were going through the same thing and I needed to be your strong arm throughout it all. He was also glad that I chose to be a man and stand by you when others have walked out on their girlfriend's and children's lives."

"Well, you're a good man," I smiled, then my jaw dropped. "Look!"

Jake's and my eyes widened as we saw Logan walking slowly towards Rain, completely pale-faced and red-eyed, and groveling before her. Then, after a few minutes, Rain grabbed his hand, came to us, and said to Logan, "Tell them, right now!"

Taking a deep breath, Logan looked at me and said, "Haley, I am really sorry for calling you a whore. I was wrong," then turned to Jake. "Man, I was being an irresponsible jerk for not paying rent and won't blame you for hating me. I deserve it."

"Logan, I don't hate you," Jake shook his head. "I was just pissed that you disrespected Haley. She is my wife and the mother of my child. I have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to that, man. You also left your wife worried and crying over you, wondering where you were and if you were okay. We are not loners, anymore. We have beautiful wives and kids on the way. It's time for us to grow up and be the men they deserve!"

"I know and I want to, not just for Rain, but for my kid and myself." He turned to Rain and said. "I love you, baby, and this kid. I admit that I wanted another chance with Joni, but not anymore. I love you, and want to be a family. Please forgive me for being a dumbass."

Rain turned to me and I nodded, then she turned to Logan and said, "Yes, but things need to change. You sever all ties with Joni. You can't see her, again, understand?"

"I don't want to see her, Rain. That's over with, I promise!"

"Good," she replied, then kissed him passionately. "I love you, too."

After the wedding, Jake, Rain, Logan, and I headed home with Ethan and Jenna in tow. Ethan wanted to talk to Jake and Logan more about becoming men, while Jenna wanted to learn more about us. So, we cooked some popcorn and sat in the living room.

"So, how is school going?" Jenna asked.

I just nodded and answered. "Pretty good! We're making straight A's and doing well in college classes."

"That's good. What do you want to study?

I'm wanting to study literature and music, but considering going into Nursing so I'll have a sure thing when I get out of college."

Taking some popcorn, Rain replied. "I want to study Art. I don't believe in doing a backup. If you want to do something, then do it. Don't waste your time on a backup."

"I still plan on being a writer and musician, Rain," I shook my head, "but since the baby is coming, I may need something to fall back on and I could use Nursing to finance my writing and music career."

Laughing at my response, Jenna replied. "I was a published author, blogger, and journalist before graduating high school. Heck, even after I had Ashlynn and Hunter, I was still writing books, while being a wife and mom, going to school, and having Anastacia. It was hard, but I had family and friends encouraging me through it all. I didn't give up and neither should you."