Chapter Twenty-five

I spent the last week making sure everything was in order for my new school and college classes for next semester. I also checked on my publishing progress with Jenna, who said that the publisher loved my work and once it succeeds, then I may never have to work again. Hearing this made me elated about the situation because I could take care of my family; however, when I told Jake the news, he actually talked to me about getting his degree once I graduated both high school and community college if my writing is successful, which made me even more glad. Still, we decided not to count our chickens before they hatch due to the fact it may take longer for my books to reach the bestseller list.

Anyway, right now, I am at Jamie and Caroline's wedding, with Ryan officiating the ceremony. Like Sky's wedding, it was a handfasting, but it's in Jana's backyard and Caroline's dress was completely red as tradition suggests. I have been studying Wicca lately and decided to dedicate to the religion due to the fact that it is true to me. I haven't told anyone, yet, but plan to talk to Jana and Sky later about it. I have been Agnostic for years because I didn't believe that God existed alone or that he punished people for being themselves. I always believed that Wicca was more real than any religion due to the fact it was more open-minded than other religions and it associated with the earth.

After the ceremony, my legs were tired from standing, so I went inside and continued reading one of my books on Wicca when Sky walked in.

"Is that Scott Cunningham's book?" she asked. "He gives a depth view on Wicca."

I nodded. "I found out on the internet that he is one of the few authors who thoroughly explains it."

"That he is. That is the first book Carter gave me when I showed interest. Are you wanting to become a Wiccan, Haley?"

"Yes," I answered. "I have been for some time, now."

Hearing this, Sky was enamored. "I can lend you some of my books and teach you how to do rituals and write your Book of Shadows."

"There's no need for that, Sky."

We turned around and saw Jake walking toward us, saying, "I have my books and have rededicated to Wicca for some time, now. I could help Haley with her training, but wouldn't mind your help. I am still rusty."

"You got it, sweetie, and with the gang helping out, both of you will get the knowledge and know-how in no time."

"Thanks, Sky. You are amazing."

Later that night, Jake and I sat in Jana's gazebo to look at the stars and talk.

"So, when did you start studying Wicca?" I asked.

He started massaging my feet. "Not too long after Sky did," he answered. "She introduced me to it. I was immediately connected, but was still pessimistic because of what was going on with my life."

"I can understand that. I started reading about it on the internet at twelve and was awed, but my dad was vehemently opposed to my interest. He said I could be condemned for even reading about other religions."

Jake just laughed. "I began dedicating myself to Wicca after meeting you, but was still in the closet because I did not want to lose you. It's funny. After Sky said that she would pray to the Goddess and God to help me find my way, I wondered what she meant, but then I found you and understood. Meeting you gave me faith and I started studying to become a Wiccan and you know something else?"

I shook my head and he continued, "Before we found out you were pregnant, I sensed that something was going to change and strengthen our love and when I found out we were pregnant. On the way to tell your mom, I saw that we were meant to be together. Not the fantasy that most teenage couples have, but I felt that our relationship was meant to last for life. That's when I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you."

"So, you asked me to marry you," I concluded.

"I did," he smiled, "but was more elated when you said yes. For a minute, I thought you would say no, which is understandable because we were still teenagers."

I just laughed, then took a deep breath. "I think I stopped being a teenager a long time ago. I mean, no teenager in their right mind would take high school courses just to be a junior at fourteen, start taking college courses in Grade Seven just to get an Associate's the same year as getting a diploma."

He smiled at my response, but I continued, "And no teenager would know that she was meant to fall in love with a guy in a skull shirt. That the guy she met at her best friend's house was meant to be her other half, her husband, and father to her children. No normal teenager would ever know that, so I am not a teenager."

"Nor am I," he pulled me into a kiss that was more powerful than all of our kisses that we have shared in the past and apparently our daughters sensed what was happening because after a minute, I felt a sharp pain in my abs.

"Are you okay, honey?"

Smiling, I nodded. "The babies are kicking," I answered, placing his hand to my belly. "Can you feel it?"

"Awesome," he said, feeling the repeated thumps. "They're really strong for babies."

I just laughed as he sat me down and snuggled with me. "I think they will have both our wits and attitudes growing up," he smiled, "along with our brains and your good looks."