Is this home?

A/N:

That video tho ;(

But omg guys! 130 views! I didn't even think i'd have 100 by the time I posted this. Thank you so much!

I muttered to myself, jumping off of Toothless and landing on the brown soil of another island. I was far, far from Berk, and it didn't even begin to scare me. And honestly, that was what scared me.

I didn't care anymore.

And maybe because I recognized that I didn't care, I really did. But it didn't matter to me-not now, and not ever again. They were part of the past. And they would stay that way.

If they died, they died, they simply wouldn't die if I could help it without revealing myself. Mind you, even if I had to watch Gobber die, I wouldn't have cared. My mindset had shifted-forever.

The island faded out in front of me as it was covered in many many auburn trees. It expanded farther than I could see to my right and left.

"Come on Toothless, lets find somewhere to stay." I murmured.

***

I sat in a cave, the light of fire flickering on my face. It wasn't particularly warm, but the fire kept the cave filling with heat and Toothless's body blocked the wind from seeping in the entrance.

It had been a hassle to get the wood that now leaned against the wall and burned the fire, but it was necessary or I would currently be freezing to death, cave or not.

My current residence was basically a small cave with a roof that barely let me stand up, and was probably only 15 feet deep. That being said, it was cozy and kept heat better than a lot of other places I had found.

I, from the wool of a sheep I had plucked from someone's herd, made a makeshift blanket that served as a cushion against Toothless's bony wing. It was a hassle to try to keep together, but with a sticky sap from a tree and the fabric of the blanket I brought with me, I managed to insulate myself a little more.

I normally slept in the tip of the attic to get away from my dad, so the constant bug bites and chill wasn't all that different from normal, but that still didn't make it comfortable. I was nestled under Toothless's wing as best I could, and I thanked him for his devotion to me.

With a sigh, I tossed and turned, trying to plan my future until my brain shut off.

***

I woke blearily to Toothless's call. The fire had burnt out, and my face was covered in it's ash. Cursing softly, I motioned for Toothless to light it again. I then moved to the small pool of water I had dumped in a crevice to get rid of the dryness of my mouth. I then spared a little to wipe off my face and run my fingers through my hair.

After that series of waste I stood up, making sure I still had my notebook and checking everything else off. I then calmed the fire to an ember and hopped on Toothless.

I was going to check on Dragon Island again.