Dragon Island

A/N: Ah, I am so sorry everybody. I've been so busy with school and horseback riding I haven't even logged onto this account for 8 months. Still, when I come back, 3.5k views and 212 favorites is waiting for me! That's insane, absolutely insane, in an amazing way. Thank you! And thank you for being patient, I sure as heck haven't been active. So, please enjoy this update. I really am excited to continue this now, so I hope you enjoy!

Toothless landed on the edge of the island as I instructed. I carefully got off of him, holding myself in a defensive pose. I didn't assume that anyone would be out and about here; in fact, I assumed that the man would not bother me. I hoped not. He seemed too at ease right next to the Red Death to be at all safe. Even if Toothless could defeat him, it would not be an easy fight, and it would take everything out of him.

Not to mention the man simply looked intimidating. He had a small face and a large body, and his nose was pointed and curled. Not to mention his eyes were small, like slits, and dreadlocks formed the entirety of his hair. In general, he just wasn't one I wanted to mess with. A part of me, though, cried to help the dragon that they dragged in there. The logical part of me, though, said it was probably already dead, its skin and bones draped on a wall as decoration.

It was a hard decision. I walked forward slowly, motioning for Toothless to be quiet as well. Nothing moved. I creeped towards the crack in the mountain the man had come through, my whole body shaking with fear. Even with the fear I was resolute.

Toothless crooned worriedly as I neared the entrance, nudging my arm. "It's ok bud, we just need to keep going."

A different voice answered me. "A-are you t-training that dragon?" The voice was feminine and terrified, but I still whipped around as if someone had attacked me. Toothless growled as he turned around.

The first thing I noticed about her was her hair. It was jet-black, and that was unusual. Not to mention her eyes mimicked mine-they were green. Still, they were more beautiful than mine. She peered at me with earnest, scared eyes. It was as if the world was falling in on her as she looked at Toothless. Her whole body posture was terrified. My eyes flicked to Toothless and then back to her.

"Uh, yes, yes I am.. He's safe, don't worry, he won't hurt you." I didn't smile, my body paralyzed at the thought of the doorway behind me, and my being wary of her anyway.

"Really?"

"Yes."

Her voice wavered as she relaxed ever so slightly, "I-I'm sorry. My family is dead. I was stranded here, and I just saw you visit... I should probably go."

"You... You probably should." Sympathy roared in me for her. I should help her. Help her find her family, and herself. But logic pushed it down again. I didn't feel like me, and I wanted to help, but what did I owe her? Why would I? I paused as she turned around, "wait! To where? There's nowhere to go here. The dragons.. They'll kill you. There's thousands in that mountain."

She blinked and then smiled, "no, really. It's ok. I'll be alright. Just.. check back with me, I guess. I made a camp on the other side of the mountain. I've been t-trained in d-dragon fighting my whole life. I-I'll be ok. I don't want to hassle you."

But you'll die! I wanted to cry out, but something almost didn't add up. For her to be stranded here- to have made a camp- to be alive... It didn't add up. "I'll see you, then." is all I managed to murmur.

She gave a nervous glance back at me, and then ran in the opposite direction. I stalled. I wanted to follow her- to make sure she was ok. Still, I couldn't stay here too much longer. There was too much risk. I glanced back at the cavern behind me, and I went in.

Toothless nudged for me to get on his back when the cavern descended into darkness. I blinked slowly, securing myself on his back, and then let him run. We dashed through many corridors I couldn't see in- although evidently he could. As the wind whisked past my face, I heard many different dragon croons, flashes of fire, and the smell of burning flesh began to fill the air.

It took a while, but soon enough we saw golden light coming from far, far away. We continued toward it until I could make out some things. Toothless crawled next to the wall and I crouched down on his neck when I heard faint voices in the distance.

"-I cannot make it learn, sir! I apologize, this is no ordinary dra-"

"We own the Red Death, in any case, it should bow to you with no thought of its own!"

"But, sir, this is a Screaming Death, and I am a mere troop. Surely you could handle it much better than I?"

An irritated grunt came from the man's voice, "do not try to please me as if you were talking to Alvin, Savage. I am no idiot."

"Yes, sir. I just think you'd have a better handle on it. But I will keep trying, if you wish."

"No, no. You have proved your incompetence, but you are useful at times. Leave my presence."

"Yes, sir. I'm sorry sir."

Toothless backed up as he heard the man beginning to walk our way. Before Savage could get around the corner, he sprinted out of the cavern. He made some scuffle, but I didn't think we had been heard. I let out a sigh of relief as we got to the entrance of the cave and took flight away from the island.

"Thank you bud." I smiled faintly for the first time that day, "but I'm afraid. That man is even more intimidating and powerful than Alvin, and I get the feeling he would be our enemy. For that matter, what is he doing with the 'screaming death'?"

Toothless crooned worriedly in response as we traveled back home.