Epilogue: Taylor, Meet Jasmine

February 14. How I loathe this date. The date of artificial love, where everyone who wasn't in love now races to find a soulmate, where couples who despise each other are now being carried away to romantic dinners and being presented with extravagant gifts. The singles that have been perfectly happy being alone all year, now are facing feelings of depression and inadequacy.

All of this nonsense had long made me sick to my stomach, cringing whenever I see the date drawing close. So why had it suddenly become one of my favorite dates? Maybe because today, February 14, I am sitting next to the most goddess-like woman in her red bathing suit, watching her tread the pool water with her long legs, as she leans back with her hand supporting a much healthier, sexier body.

If we weren't sitting at my condo's indoor pool with Daisy, Violet, and Max swimming a few feet away, I would have to take her, right here, right now.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" She looks over and eyes me suspiciously, compelling me to drift towards her irresistible body, nuzzling at her neck.

"Like what, like that?" I kiss her teasingly at the nape of her neck, before I feel myself being pushed in the pool.

"That was not nice, Jasmine Belrose."

"You started it!" Her laugh makes a sound that lightens my heart every time I hear it.

"Tay-Tay, fly" Daisy calls as she summons me to come get her, in which I quickly comply, swinging her in the air before dipping her legs in the water beside me.

In the little time I had been with her, she had brought so much joy to my days. I find myself at work anxious to come home and reveal a new toy to her, watching her eyes light up with wonder as I assemble it.

It certainly brings back memories of when I would play with Ava, although poor Ava did not get to play with a patient Taylor, as we would constantly argue and bicker, yet, I would still have to give in to her demands when the tears came.

Ironically, today of all days, is not only Daisy's birthday, but the birthday of her mother. The clan had agreed that a big party was not in the picture, but the grotesque February weather in Chicago had left us little to work with. Thankfully, Violet had remembered the indoor pool located on the roof of my condo that she had "occasionally" sneaked in with my resident's card. Honestly, if it wasn't for her, I would have never remembered this place existed.

Tossing Daisy back to Violet and hearing her giggle through the air, I swim towards Jasmine, mesmerized by the way her hair flows down her back, the ends gently laid on the concrete floor.

I pull myself up next to Jasmine, catching her steal a glimpse of my body as she bites her lip, instantly making me hard. Oh god, not now.

Grabbing a towel to wrap it around my lower half, I hand her the robe I had insisted she bring along. "Hey, I wanna show you something," I say to her, helping her into the fleece robe.

"Hmm, it wouldn't have anything to do with that would it?" She eyes my erected package. Damn it, she noticed.

"There's plenty of time for that later," I tease. "Let's go back downstairs."

As the elevator door closes behind us, tension immediately builds, our body heat drawing one another in. I hold her in my arms, her head tuck between my chest, but it's as though I can't absorb enough of her. All this time we have spent together, and I still feel as though she may slip through my fingers, as though I will wake and be devoid of her and Daisy's presence.

The elevator door opens, and I take her hand to lead her out, down the hall and back to our place.

"So, what's with all the secrecy?" she asks as soon as we step into the condo. I place a kiss on her forehead and guide her into our bedroom, closing the door behind us. "Close your eyes," I whisper to her.