The next morning we were back in the hotel room when a knock sounded on the door. We already knew who it was. Shooter nearly knocked me down as he rushed inside with David hot on his heels.
"I'm fine." I said quickly. My nose wasn't broken or anything. He did manage to bust my upper lip though with his big ring.
"Tf you mean you fine?" Now Dave mad at the wrong one giving me that attitude and yelling at me so early in the a.m.
"What em niggas look like?" Shooter asked coming from the bedroom with Kiki.
"Why, what y'all gon do? Look it's fine we can just go back to the city. I'm over this whole weekend."
"No tf it ain't fine Lily. That nigga put his hands on you and look at my fucking face!" Kiki was still furious and if given the chance I'm sure she'll run up on em niggas if she saw them again.
"Dave you really don't gotta do anything fr." I said now facing him.
"A nigga put his hands on my girl and you expect me to do what—close my eyes and pretend I ain't see your face or Kiki's right now?"
"I don't want y'all killing anybody over a minor-ish altercation."
"That ain't on you." Shooter added
"You all packed?" Subject switch, I ain't slow. Dave is clearly over the conversation but I wasn't.
"What you gon do David?" I pressed.
"You already know what I'm gon do Lily. Nothing gon change that."
"Dav-
"Let it be mamas." He said walking right pass me. He came back minutes later with my luggage all packed and lead us out of the hotel.

When we landed back in New York, I was so tired that Dave had to carry me to the whip. Instead of picking Reina up from her granny, we let Dave's mom keep her for the night and we drove straight to his crib. As soon as my head hit the sheets I was out like a light. I woke up in the middle of the night to an empty bed but spotted Dave smoking on the balcony and went to join him. He glanced at me then refocused on his blunt until I moved to sit next to him. We sat in utter silence until he spoke up asking if I was 't gon say anything to him.

Dave POV

"You not gon say nothing?" I broke the silence.
"Watchu mean?"
"You ain't said a word since we got back. Hell, you barely spoke on the flight."
"I slept for half of the flight David."
"Cut the shit I know you mad bout Shooter and I handling that situation."
"Dave I'm not mad and honestly I don't want to talk about it. It's fine for real."
"Lily I know you, something buggin you so just spill it."
"Look I get why you did what you did. Truthfully, it doesn't bother me. I love how protective you are of me but when I ask you not to handle it, is because I'm looking out for you. It was a petty situation and I don't need you risking your life over something like that."
"You may have just got a busted lip but a nigga putting his hands on my girl, the mother of my child? Ain't nothing petty bout that ma. I get tight if a nigga look at you too hard-
"I know." She sighed.
"So wtf you think gon happen if one got the nerve to touch you? Man that nigga was dead the minute he got in your face on crip, he just ain't know it yet."
"You could've left it alone is all I'm saying.."
"You clearly ain't hearing me loud enough if you still thinking like that."
"Dave it could've been much worse-
"What's yo point? That it's cool because you ain't lose no teeth or got knocked out? Lily you fuccin wid my head right now for real and this coming from the same person who be ready to fight Lu over internet bullshit."
"You wrong asl, this not the same thing Dave and you know it."
"Nah it ain't, it's worse. You forgot last time you fought a bitch cause she was drunk trynna stir up trouble with me in the club. I told you to chill on her cause I wasn't bothered but you still beat her ass-
"I beat her ass for her disrespect, she was way outta line. I know you don't like me fighting so I been calm especially since I got pregnant. I ain't been in no trouble since."
"Exactly you fight for respect, I murk niggas for the same. Ain't that difficult to understand. You stopped yo fighting but still beat a couple of bitches first ain't you so let's not make this a big deal ma."
"Aight Dave fine whatever you win but this shit gotta calm at some point. We're a family and I don't need you getting arrested or killed over no bs. We have a child to raise, together."
"And we will. A nigga been careful so far besides I'll be out soon. I got a plan you know that. Don't worry bout nunadat."
"Alright, you coming back to bed with me?"
"I'll join you inna bit mamas."