24 What could it be?

I didn't notice when Rosangela's mom joined us but I was happy with it, they were having a little argument which ended with her mom tell her Ricardo  had been paying her hospital bills.

"Okay, I brought something for you" I said breaking the awkward silence
"We brought something for you" Sophie corected emphasizing on the 'we', Angela smiled accepting the lunch box.
We bid our farewell after talking about different things for two good hours.
Ricardo and Miguel didn't participate though, they were talking in a hushed tones at the far end of the room. Miguel I want to pee I said as he nooded his head, I followed the sign of the WC and located the toilet.

I don't know if it was my head toying with me but I had been having the feeling of being watched or followed. I entered the toilet and hid behind the door, it opened and a man dressed in all black entered,
I didn't know why a male would enter a female toilet but I didn't care, I was sure it was for me.
"What do you want from me?" I asked as he was about to open another toilet in search of me.

He turned around with a shock then masked it with a sinister smile.
"What everybody wants" he said taking slow  steps towards me
"What do you mean by what everybody wants?"  I demanded, I needed to get answers from him it looked like he was ready to talk and I wouldn't let the opportunity slip out of my hands.
"Do you think Miguel really loves you?" he chuckled darkly as my heart skipped a bit. "That bastard doesn't have a heart, what he wants is the same thing everyone wants, don't fall for his traps he's a murder"
"And what is it?"
"Years ago, your father was working for one of the richest company, the CEO handed him one of the companies that had what everyone wanted, your father tried to keep it well but everytime he did, this other powerful gang found out, so your father used yo-"

A harsh knock on the door interrupted him,
"Tesoro" he said as the guy ran to hide in one of the toilets
"Don't forget what I told you"
Who were you talking to?" his voice boomed as he walked past me.
I rushed over to him and pulled his hands,
"I'm fine, no one is here" I said as I pulled him outside, he stared at me skeptically and we drove out of the hospital.
"Why are you guys so quiet? are you fighting or something?" Alcione asked  from behind bringing her face closer to mine.
"Stop being so nosy" Amanda said bring her back to sit.
"I was just curious" she shrugged

What could my father have to make me think I was I was loved by someone I love, was I really surrounded by deceivers,
What was the precious thing?
Was Miguel really playing me?
I didn't realize we had reached the penthouse until Miguel tapped me, I came down of the car and walked beside him,
"You can use your thumb to open it" he said when we got to our floor,
"Really?" I asked trying my thumb on it, the door clicked open and I smiled, he trusted me with this.
Was this all fake?
'Why are you believing him? He obviously wants to turn you against Miguel' my subconscious taunted.

"Since no one is here to prepare the meal I'll do it"  Alcione yelled
"I coming with you "I said when I saw Miguel coming towards me.
He knew me more than anyone else and it will take him less than a minute to know what I'm hiding from him.
I rushed over to Alcione asking her what she wanted to prepare.
"Hmm, I want to prepare..." She said putting a finger under her chin,
"I want to prepare 'Rara mutton'" she said getting out the ingredients.
"What is that?" I asked wondering what kind of names was that.
"Come on, I'll teach you" she said and gave me some vegetables to wash.
"Do you think Miguel is playing with me?" I asked her in the middle of our cooking.
"No, I think he truly loves you" she stopped the piece of meat she was slicing giving me her full attention. "Why do you ask? Is something wrong?"
"No, I was just wondering" I strugged "Hey look at me" she stopped me "No matter what you've heard, no matter what anyone tells you just have it at the back of your mind that my brother truly loves you with and I can see it he wouldn't do anything to hurt you, if you think I'm lying you can talk to him yourself" she said and continued what she was doing
"Thanks"

I took a piece of meat and started slicing it,
I believe what she said but a part of me didn't want to believe, I knew Miguel loved me but what's could he be hiding from me?

Was that reason he did not kill me? Was it because of the prexious thing everybody wanted.
He could have killed me but he didn't, why?
I felt a stinging sensation as a tip of the knife pierced through the skin of my finger, a painful moan escaped my lips as I held my finger tightly to subside the pain.
"I told you to concentrate" Alcione gritted spanking me
"B*tch"the word came out of my mouth before I could stop it,
she spanked me again and gave me a hard glare.
I didn't talk back this time I kept quiet and she took care of the wound with first aid kit.
"Don't be scared, talk to him , tell him how you feel.
I know he really loves you I've see how he changed a lot because of you,   thank you for changing him into a better person" she smiled hugging me, I don't know if I should hug her or not but at the end I did.

It felt so warm and comforting, I wish my mom was here to do the same.

~~
Halo, I'm here again,
I hope you are enjoying the book😁.
Please comment and press the star down bellow.