Sweet, Candy Lips

Start from the beginning

She walks out a couple steps before pausing at the scenery. The usually creepy and dark backyard was all lit up pretty with floating jack-o-lanterns with carved smiles and string lights of orange and yellow winding around the branches of surrounding trees. By the garden is a long table, dressed in a black and white checkered tablecloth and decorated with dark yellow, ceramic vases of orange marigolds tied with black ribbon. Golden plates and utensils were set out side-by-side, meant for two, each with a black champagne flute for cups.

The stems resemble a golden, skeletal arm and hand with boney fingers wrapping around the dark glass. There only stood one seat at the table— A bench that looked like two of their throne chairs melded together and appeared just as comfortable, especially with the addition of plush, black, velvet pillows and a large, orange blanket. It faced the wall of the house which had been covered in a dangling, white sheet pinned flat and smooth against the brick to keep the wind from billowing the fabric. All around were perfectly set hay bales, colorful, leafy garland, pumpkins, lanterns and flowers, giving the scene a very warm and cozy vibe that put her perfectly at ease until warm breath hit the back of her neck.

"I think it's time we had a proper romantic evening, don't you think, my queen?" Jack says from behind while picking up her right hand and bringing it to his lips for a delicate kiss.

"Kind of elaborate, don't you think?" Y/N retorts, smiling as she tilted her head to look at the creature. He was dressed neatly in something suited for a Victorian vampire: a white cravat and shirt held at the waist by a blood-red, corseted vest and a long, black coat. His legs were covered by black pants held by a matching belt and heeled, leather boots. His blonde locks were slicked back while a crown sat upon his head, similar in almost every aspect to the one he had gifted to her. Y/N was almost sad that she didn't have hers. Jack flashes her a grin, showing off his sharp fangs as his eyes glowed under the moonlight.

"Only the best for you, my sweet." Giving a wistful sigh, she faces him fully.

"Now I feel severely underdressed." The spirit chuckles and adjusts his coat.

"No problemo! I'll have you suited up in a jiffy." Holding his joined fingers between them, Jack snaps and covers her in a cloud of bright orange smoke laced with a glittering substance, and when it faded, she was now dressed in a cozy, black, sweater dress with big, round pumpkins attached to green vines depicted along the bottom of the skirt and thick, black leggings to keep her legs warm. A pair of orange boots covered her feet, tied by black laces striped with orange.

"Oh, wow, this is really cute." Jack nods in agreement, glad that he picked something she liked.

"For tonight's festivities, I thought we could enjoy dinner in the moonlight and watch the most romantic Halloween movie in the world about the best couple of them all, The Addams Family."

"Are we not the best couple?" Y/N asks, feigning hurt, which makes him laugh.

"You, my treat, are the Morticia to my Gomez, cara mia." Smiling warmly, she hits him with another question.

"Dinner and a movie sounds wonderful, but isn't that our plans every night?"

"Not every night," he pouts, making her giggle.

"You must admit, we do it often, but don't worry, I love movies." He cheers up fast and sweeps her off her feet, causing the girl to cling to him.

"Good, me too!" Y/N laughs as he carries her over to the throne bench and spins around to fall back against the plush, red seat with her seated on top of him. "But that isn't all the plans I have for you tonight, my sweet," he teases, making her blush.