Five

"You were going to do just what I thought you would've."Vlad says, looking down into his whiskey glass.

"I wasn't going to kill her. I just said I should."Shiloh says, folding her arms.

Jord and Vlad both roll their eyes.

"Do you remember what you were doing when I found you in New Zealand, Shiloh?"Vlad asks.

Shiloh huffs.

"I was being a teenager."Shiloh says.

"You were living in the trunk of a man's car."Jord says.

"Maybe turning you so young was my mistake."Vlad says, bringing his glass to his lips.

This makes Shiloh look down in shame.

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again."Shiloh says quietly.

"It better not. You're on the verge of something very painful."Vlad says, looking back at Shiloh.

"Of course, Vlad."Shiloh says.

Suddenly Vlad gets a notification. He pulls out his phone and looks at it confused.

"You use your finger print to unlock it, Vlad."Jord says.

"I hate these god damn things."Vlad says, finally getting the phone open to see the notification.

He huffs as he reads.

"The Van Helsing spawn still lives."Vlad says, looking back at Shiloh.

"What? I ripped her throat out!"Shiloh says.

"Not her entire throat apparently. For gods sake, Jordan handle the light work."Vlad huffs, walking past Shiloh.

"Wait, master I can do it!"Shiloh says, rushing after him.

"You tried already and you failed. I'm not making the same mistake twice."Vlad says before leaving the room.

Shiloh's face contorts with sadness as she tried to fight back tears.

"Relax, hell forgive you he always does."Jord says before following after Vlad.

Shiloh wipes her tears as quick as they come.

....

"You don't know what happened?"the officer asks me.

I shake my head slowly, sitting in the back of an ambulance covered with a safety blanket.

"And you didn't see what the your friend looked like at all?"the officer asks.

"I needed to go to the bathroom, I tried calling her but she didn't answer, so I left my glasses on the table because I was just going to the bathroom, and when I was looking for her I slipped and fell and I fell into a puddle of her blood and I could-"I begin to talk so fast that tears began to run from my eyes.

"Melanie please slow down."The officer says.

"Let me."I look up, hearing a familiar voice and watching the familiar man walk up.

It was Vlad, from the Cafe. He held am EMT pack and was dressed the part.

"I be back to get the rest of your story."the officer says with a comforting smile, making me blush a bit.

"Any injuries, neck, back wrists and ankles?"he asks as he takes a seat before me.

"I know you."I say, a spot of comfort in this unfortunate time.

"I know you too."he smirks, making me chuckle a bit.

"Um, I have this I don't really know how I got it. It was there after I fell."I say softly, showing him a cut down my forearm.

He tries to roll my sleeve up more but I stop him.

"Ma'am?"Vlad says.

"I-i'm sorry I..I just.."I say, rolling my sleeve up fully and displaying the bite mark slowly healing.

"Oh, wow."he says, making me nervous and immediately self conscious.

"That's the most beautiful scar I've ever seen."

I look back, my eyes sparkling as he examines the bite mark.

"B-beautiful?"I question.

"Yes. So very beautiful."he says as he begins to tend to the cut on my arm.

My hand instantly come to the bite on my throat and he looks up.

"Oh, another?"he says, standing and brushing the hair off my neck.

My stomach ties in knots as his fingers touch my flesh.

"You look very beautiful tonight, Melanie."he says before going back to my arm.

My cheeks flush red and for a moment I was very happy to be distracted by such a handsome man.

"I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Melanie."he says.

I frown a bit, but he smiles and it makes me smile as well.

"I know this isn't very professional of me, but would you like to have dinner at my house tomorrow evening?"he asks.

I take a deep breath and then look to the ambulance that was carting off Estella.

"I..um.."I say, looking back at Vlad.

"Yes."

This makes him smile.

"Lovely."he says as he places a few bandages over the cut on my arm.

...