Donghyuck swallowed roughly again before hesitantly shaking his head.

"O-oh uhm ok," Taeyong gave a small smile and nodded his head. "Do you want to talk about what happened?"

Donghyuck tensed before his hands turned into fists and he violently shook his head.

"Ok, not yet," Taeyong said quickly before reaching out and stroking Donghyucks knuckles. "It's alright. We won't talk about it yet, okay?"

Donghyuck pulled his legs up to his chest and hugged them.

"Hyuckie?" Taeyong went to touch him but he quickly flinched away once Donghyuck spoke.

"I don't want to talk to you anymore," Donghyuck's voice was muffled into his arm.

"Huh? I'm sorry if I offended you! I didn't mean to make you upset sweetheart-" Taeyong profusely apologized.

"Please...please leave me alone for now," Donghyuck whispered into the air.

What went unseen was how Taeyong's brows and wet eyes dropped while his bottom lip quivered slightly.

Another thing that went unseen was the painful face Donghyuck was making. His brows pulled together in pain and his eyes screwed shut.

Taeyong slowly got up and left the room without another word.

Donghyuck felt instant regret pooling in his stomach at the thought of how his words sounded.

It wasn't that he wanted to make Taeyong upset.

He cares about him.

He cares about this family and he isn't sure why.

He doesn't understand how this family works so perfectly when his own beat the shit out of him.

"I'm sorry..." Donghyuck felt tears pooling in his eyes.

However what went unsaid was...

You should listen to someone who deserves to be listened to.

...

Taeyong entered the bathroom and shut the door gently.

He leaned back against the door before sliding down and screwing his eyed shut.

'I don't want to talk to you anymore'

Taeyong frowned gently as he thought about the young boy.

Donghyuck was a sweet boy.

He might not think that he was but in Taeyong's mind he has been nothing but a joy to have around.

He thought that the time he has spend with him for the last couple weeks were finally paying off.

Donghyuck called him in the middle of the night and he thought he had finally gotten through to the younger boy.

"What did I do wrong?" Taeyong whispered as he ran his hand through his hair.

Taeyong rolled his eyes when he felt his phone buzz before pulling it out to look.

The top notification peeking his interest.

He instantly clicked on it only to freeze.

Taeyong felt his whole world stop in place and his heart got caught in his throat