Chapter IV: Getting Yer Hands Dirty

I'll admit. Celestia and Luna put a lot of work into this competition. There are banners and colorful confetti most places we go. It's a lot of hard work and I can't help but respect that when I see it. That's something my big sis taught me... The value of hard work. It's honest and it reflects just how much someone truly cares about ya. Well, depending on the work... Still. It's nice to see so much effort went into this competition. It almost makes me feel bad for taking advantage of the competition instead of admiring how much they strived to make this great.

Looking at the booth of our next activity, I can't help but feel a little antsy. My big sis says that feeling comes from your heart not being able to calm down, either for good or bad reasons. I guess it makes sense... I'm just a little nervous that it will take Adagio and I more time to complete this one than others. I ain't that great at memory games after all. This booth is just one big game where cards are face-down. Each card has a match, so you hafta remember where the matching card is. It's funny. I can remember things pretty well about my friends, but when it comes to bucking symbols on cards, I am stumped... Though, I think the combined efforts of Adagio and I will help us get through it. I just wish we could have that cheat sheet... It would really help in this instance.

Hearing footsteps come up from behind me, I look to my side, seeing Adagio look towards the same booth. Her face is oddly still though... Almost as if something is eating at her thoughts. It's never great when someone looks like that. Usually, my big sis has something troubling to think about and sometimes, it's due to something I've done. So, it isn't exactly appeasing to see that look on Adagio's face right now. Especially when I can't really guess what is on her mind. "Is something wrong?" I ask her quietly. Honestly, I'm a bit worried about this memory game, but I never expected for Adagio to feel the same way. Is she feelin' alright? I swear if she came here with a fever, Imma kill her...

"I just learned something... peculiar," Adagio states with a slight wave of her hand, looking down at me with a serious tone in her eyes.

"Are ya gonna tell me or do I hafta guess?" Adagio used to tell me things without drawing it out into some sorta game for her, but that changed ever since she got more confident in herself. In some ways, it makes her more fun and interesting and I can't help but feel happy for her. In other ways? She seems to enjoy acting like a... well, a female dog.

"As fun as it would be to make you guess, I think it's too important to waste that sort of time," she tells me seriously, putting her hand on her hip. "That bathroom I just went in had a couple other people in there... A certain rainbow-haired athlete and her orange fangirl." Adagio looks around the two of us before daring to say another word, leaning down slightly to get closer to me. "They were talking to each other about answers and hints to find said answers. I heard paper ruffling and they also mentioned Luna by name." Wait... Luna? Vice Principal Luna? Scoots and Dash said her name? Looking her in the eyes, I can feel the color drain from my face.

"You think that... they're the ones with the cheat sheet?" Without waiting a second, Adagio simply nods to my question, standing back up.

"It makes sense to me. I didn't actually see them with the sheet, but the fact that they're so far along in the competition makes me think they have to be." Slowly, she brings her hand to her chin, looking like she's thinking about something. "The only problem standing before us is the fact that we have no way to prove they are the 'Moon Knights.' So, we'll need to find some way to steal the cheat sheet from them if they do have it." Huh. What would be a good opportunity to steal it...? This next activity isn't necessarily going to give us that opportunity... What have they even done so far? If I know Scoots as well as I think I do, she would probably wanna save all the athletic activities for last since they're the most fun to her. Then again, Dash might not want to do that...