Adagio's Day Off

DISCLAIMER: This story has slight profanity at certain points. Either way, enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter I: Adagio's Day Off

Perhaps it's just my nerves... Everything in my body tells me that this might go badly. I can't quite help it since the last time I saw her, she ran away from me with tears in her eyes. The thought of talking to her again makes me feel nervous and scared, despite the fact she's quite a bit younger than me. I guess what makes it worse is that she's one of my first friends. And I'm the one who caused us to stop talking in the first place...

A few weeks ago, I was so busy trying to get everyone together for Sunset's birthday that I didn't really have the time to talk to her again. Even after Sunset's birthday, I've barely had any time to myself due to a sudden increase in student size. I guess it's to be expected since it's right around the time school opens again, meaning a lot of kids will probably enroll in the classes offered at the music studio. But that's one of the things that's worried me a bit... Apple Bloom hasn't attended any sessions for weeks. She's probably still hurt... I didn't mean to ignore her, I just... forgot...

Grabbing my scarf from the rack next to our door, I can't help but sigh heavily. It's the middle of August and I can't help but worry about the upcoming day. Today is the only free day I've had in a while, so I promised myself that I would actually talk to Apple Bloom again. No matter what. I would ask Sunset for a ride, but she already left for morning classes hours ago... That means I'll have to walk again. I'm used to walking, but it's still a long distance from our apartment to the Apple Family farm. Hopefully, she will be there by the time I get there...

Closing the door behind me, I can't help but find this whole situation ironic. It wasn't even a couple months ago when Applejack was the one who was resistant to the idea of talking to me and Apple Bloom was trying to get her to open up to the idea. Now, the situation has practically reversed... I'm friends with Applejack and now Apple Bloom is the one who doesn't want to talk to me. Given, I wouldn't want to talk to me either... I really hurt her feelings by breaking my promise to her. I just hope I can try to fix things with her... Apple Bloom is a good person and I would hate to lose her as a friend because of my own stupid mistake.

"I suppose you're never happy, are you?" a whisper asks me from the back of my mind, causing me to grimace. Not her again... Trying my best to ignore her threatening voice, I quicken my pace down the sidewalk, avoiding any people who might be walking by. "You fixed the situation with Sunset and her friends, yet here you are. Whining about how you screwed up with the little brat," her whisper stabs at my mind, making my frown grow bigger. "Can't you just be happy you fixed one situation for once? God damn, Adagio..." Whereas her voice is usually threatening and taunting to try and get to me, but this time, her tone sounds genuinely annoyed.

"You never get it, so why should I explain?" I whisper in response, trying to not seem weird for 'talking to myself,' even though it's much more complicated than that.

"You don't need to explain. I just find it tedious and a lot more work than what you need to do. What does she even offer you? I understand that you 'love' Sunset and such, but what can a brat like her give you?" I can feel my teeth grit at her statement, clenching my fist in my pocket. Despite the fact that I've been putting my hair up and dressing in more flashy clothing, she always seems to bring my self-esteem to ground level, no matter what I do.

Bringing my hand to my scarf, I take a deep breath, looking forward at the environment in front of me. "She's my friend. And you'll deal with it whether you like it or not." Her evil laugh once again rings throughout my mind, making me shudder slightly.