"We did. After he found out what his mom did. He apologized and told me to not worry about a thing. But...how could I not?", she asked. My best friend looked stressed and in a deep conflict herself. 

"Do you regret anything? Do you like Thyme?" I asked. She thinks about my question, her eyebrows crunched up and her lips pursed.

"Sometimes I wonder if I did the right thing. Having to separate my parents from their home and us because of Thyme. My parents know I like him. My mom was encouraging me to continue." She shrugged, I don't know if it's to protect my dignity or the fact that one of the richest in Thailand could be my boyfriend." 

I smirked, "It can't be. Your parents are one of the most thoughtful people I know. They would want you to be happy." 

"But what if my happiness means breaking my family apart, making us even more broke than before, and having to spend tireless hours at a low-income job?" 

I gave her a close-lipped smile and draped my arm on her shoulder, leaning her head towards mine. I softly patted her hair and pressed my finger in the middle of her eyebrows, smoothing over the stress from her face. "Your toughest battles will only make you stronger," I said. 

She chuckled, "Where did you get that quote?"

"Google."

...

I walked with Gorya to her house and the block was pretty quiet. We see a moving truck in front of her house, and we both look at each other confused. "Is someone moving in?" I asked.

She shrugged, "I don't know. I don't know anything about getting a new neighbor." I took her hand in mine and led her closer, "Let's see who it is." 

Gorya whispers, "Slow down. Don't make it obvious." I made her follow behind as I inched my way to the truck. We slowly walked to the back and saw a few men taking furniture and boxes out. I peeked inside, and Gorya said in a low voice, "Let's go, we meet get caught peeking at their stuff. They might think we're burglars." 

I ignored her and see a mover walking towards us. Gorya tugs me back from the trunk, and I whispered, "Whoever they are, have pretty nice things. I wonder who is moving in?" 

"I don't know." 

Then a voice cuts in between our heads and whispers, "I am." My heart spiked ten folds, and I screamed, making Gorya jump and punch the man behind us. Thyme almost trips back, covering his nose, "Ow!"

Gorya opens her eyes and realizes she punched Thyme, "Thyme!" She goes to his side as he groans, "I think I'm bleeding."

I look beside him and see MJ, Kavin, and Ren who laughed at their friend's expense. I crossed my arms, "Did you guys have to scare us like that?" 

Kavin shrugged, "It was fun watching you sneak around." I narrowed my eyes and cast my attention at Ren, "You too?" 

He walks toward me and drapes his arm around my shoulder, "You've got to have a little fun sometimes." I rolled my eyes as I watched Gorya apologize, and Thyme in serious pain. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. Do you have a first aid kit in the house?" she asked. He nods and she leads him inside. MJ shouts, "Make sure to not punch him again...at least in the same place!"

Gorya shook her head as they both walk inside. All the movers come back, and Kavin goes to talk to them. I turn toward the guys and ask,

"Are you all here to help him move?" 

Ren nods, and Kavin says, "He wants us to celebrate with him later."  I look towards the house, beige exterior with a copper-toned metal roof. The gate was small and black, not even a fraction of the Paramaanantra's grandiose gate. MJ asks, "Do you think he'll be able to live alone?"