"Hmm, Grandpops, Where's Grandpa Yo?" Forth asked as he peeked into the yok from behind his grandpops.

"He is out to get some desserts and gifts to bring tomorrow," replied Grandpa Phana as he continued his cooking. He needs to prepare lunch before his husband return from shopping, and he also needs to feed his grandson, who is trying to eat the chopped vegetables.

"Grandpops, about meeting your friends, is it okay if I skip it this time?" he asked as he fidgeted with the mug.

"Forth, we have to visit them. I want to introduce my old friends to you and you to them. Trust me, Forth. This meeting might work in favour for you," said Grandpa Phana with an underlying meaning.

"The only favour I need now is my dreams back," mumbled Forth, but his grandpops could still hear him.

"Your dreams stopped? Since when?" he asked, tensed as well.

Even its not his dream, and he couldn't see the vision from his grandson's eyes, Phana found solace in them. He believed his best friend Beam lived in those dreams.

"Since a week. Although it was just a dream, I felt like a part of me had gone missing. I don't like this feeling," confessed Forth sadly.

Grandpa Phana heaved a deep sigh as his mind told him multiple theories for the sudden stop of the visions. Maybe the dreams ended because his grandson loves someone new, not his old best friend. It's the universe's message that he, Phana, should let go of the past and let Beam rest in peace.

Grandpa Phana heaved another deep sigh as he turned to face his gloomy grandson.

"Maybe, it's finally the time for it to stop. Maybe you should focus more on your present than worry about the visions in your dreams, Forth," advised Grandpops half-heartedly.

"Grandpops...," called out Forth sadly.

"It's okay," Grandpa Phana added with a sad smile and patted Forth's shoulders as encouragement.

"But...."

"But, you can't skip the gathering. So, be ready," added Forth's grandfather as he resumed his cooking.

"Alright. Call me once lunch's ready, Grandpops," requested Forth as he left the kitchen to his room with a sad face.

'I miss you, Beam.'

Forth sent one last text to his boyfriend and hoped for a reply as he felt empty without his presence or the dreams.

~

"Can we let him like this? He hasn't been sleeping or eating well, P'Mew. Now I understand why you didn't want him to remember the past," stated Gulf sadly.

"He needs time, Tueng," replied Mew, who just got into their room after dinner.

"But, I'm worried. Khun Phi, Beam is..."

"Tueng, Beam is special. We realized it since his birth. Even though he looked nothing like Nong Beam, he would say things and do things a two-year-old can't.

He would share stories of hiking on the nearby hill, which he had never done before, and he would choose the right coloured tie for dad like Nong Beam did in the past," commented Mew calmly.