5

(Chapter 5)A rocky surface

(Chapter 5)
A rocky surface

~*~

Author POV

The ocean was practically an unknown place to Jimin. He had built the inn near the sea, he had a few rooms in caves beneath the castle like place he had built. There were sea creatures and species that wished to stay in his inn, whether that be to take shelter on a long journey. To have a safe place to birth young or to shed scales in the summer. 

Despite their rooms being in under water rooms, it doesn't mean Jimin lacked on any of the comforts in the caved rooms. He offered light sources from bioluminescent plants and algae that gave the rooms a comforting feeling, while not being to bright for the under water dwellers whose eyes are more adapted to the darkness. 

So when a merman came walking into the inn it was a big surprise to Jimin, he had a check in the caves beneath the inn for creatures of the sea so they didn't have the issue of getting on land to book a room. 

Mermen have the ability to walk on land, though it dries out their scales and makes them feel incredibly itchy. But it is possible, they can survive in lakes on land too if they have to, but they prefer salty water over fresh water. River mer are adapted to the land not the sea, so they tended to dwell in deep rivers and make lakes their home. This mer was from the sea, the darkness of the scales gave him away.

"Hello" Jimin greeted the mer.

The mer gave him a polite smile full of razor sharp teeth. 

"We do have a reception underwater if you would like to check in there?" Jimin wanted to offer the mer the chance, in case he wasn't aware.

"No I'm fine" the mer assured him, with that Jimin relaxed.

"So you are Jimin?" the mer asked.

"Yes" Jimin confirmed, perhaps a friend had informed the mer before him about the inn owner, Jimin would be glad if that was the case, he was always happy when customers recommended his inn to loved ones or friends, it make him feel warm and fuzzy.

"A friend told me how beautiful your heart was" the mer stated in a blunt way, though his eyes gazed at the human in wonder.

It was like the mer held a galaxy in his eyes, they were pitched black, no white or pupil. Though their were faint white dots, receptors Jimin had learnt through his time working with mers. That gave the impression that their eyes were like a starry night.

"Thank you" Jimin found himself flushing, cheeks turning a healthy pink colour.

"They were right" the mer looked around the reception of the inn.

Jimin stood and watched at the mer took in the room with critical eyes, Jimin was curious as to what the mer was thinking, but he did not inquire.

"I would like a room please" the merman finally turned his attention back to the human, resting his forearms on the reception desk. 

"How many night?" the human asked, pulling out his rota for the rooms.

"A week, but it could be more" the mer responded, watching as the human flicked through the sheets.

"Do you want a water room?" the human asked, looking up at the merman finally.

"A water room?" now that had the mer's interest peaked.

"An underwater room, it has comforts that hopefully remind you of home" Jimin explained, he went on to share his knowledge about the design of a water room, the merman watched and listened with wide eyes and wonder.

When his friend had recommended the human's inn, the merman had at first been sceptical, the human race didn't particularly have a good relationship with any of the supernatural species of the world they all in habited. But hearing the human label off all the things he had taken into consideration when making the room especially for a species that was not his own floored the merman into silent wonder.

"I would like a water room please" the merman confirmed.

"It is 3 gold pieces a night" then the human just had to top it off with an affordable price, his friend truly had been right about the beautiful hearted human who ran an inn for all.

~*~

So as the merman followed the human down the hallways to the water rooms beneath the inn it was in silence. The merman had nothing to say, the human had talked well in the reception, but he wanted to see whether the room he promised was up to his expectations and the human's talk. 

Spoiler alert, the room was exactly as the mer had imagined it would be, and quite possible more than his expectations. The mer dropped into the water, allowing his tail to form from the scaled legs he had used on land. He dipped down and swum around the cosy room. 

It had bioluminescent flowers around on dug out shelves in the cave wall, it acted both as light and decoration in one. He had planted coral, that looked healthy too, knowing it to be the thing that mers preferred to sleep on over all other bed options. 

There was a basket to the side, offering an array of sea foods as a welcome to the room, there were also rocks perfectly designed to be able to opened the shelled foods beside them. This was better than any 5 star room the mermen had stayed at in any underwater mer inn. 

"Thank you for all this" he emerged from the water, placing his forearms on the ridge of the pool so he could look up at the human. 

"You're welcome, could I have your name and signature for the sheet?" Jimin held out a quill, it had been infused with magic so the ink never ran out no matter how much he wrote, it had been a gift from Namjoon.

"Of course" the merman signed his name across.

"Thank you-" the human looked down "- Jin" he smiled.

The merman bowed his head slightly in greeting and watched as the human left with a wave, finally allowing himself to settle down and relax.

~*~

So I hope you liked the chapter.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter