7

(Chapter 7)

(Chapter 7)

The adventure begins

~*~

Author POV

Jimin had been planning the trip for months.

As always his mind had been on the customers within his inn. Wanting to improve the experience and offer comforts from home. Something he felt like he had been lacking for a while now. He had taken trips before, smaller ones that had allowed him to help prepare rooms that would offer comfort to every customer he came across.

This time he wanted to offer the taste of home. With food being a new thing at the inn Jimin wanted to try and have a diverse menu for his customers. And what better way to do that than to travel and learn the world's cuisine first hand and from the most experienced of each species.

He had arranged with Anker to take the time off. His protégée was excited to be taking up the mantle upon his temporary departure. Jimin had left the details on how to run the inn in his departure but he was confident in Anker's abilities, he had been working there for 2 years now. 

"I'll be off now Anker, good luck. But I am sure you won't need it" Jimin reached out to ruffle Anker's hair despite the younger being taller. Anker looked shy at the sign of affection, but the smile on his face gave away his true emotion.

"Good luck, hopefully you can bring back some good food" Anker sent words of encouragement.

"Well that is the aim" Jimin smiled, heading across the reception to the entrance where Namjoon's form awaited him.

Namjoon had agreed to come along on the trip, his medicinal pouch hanging at his waist, the rest of his equipment was fastened to his back. His hooves making clacking noises as he shifted around doing the final checks to ensure he had everything he needed for the trip.

Jungkook was already out the door and running around, after he heard Namjoon and Jimin talking about the trip at dinner one night, he insisted that he would come too. Offering to show them the best paths, Jimin quickly learned he couldn't say no to Jungkook, he had some very good puppy eyes.

Swinging his loaded backpack onto his back, Jimin finally came to stand beside Namjoon. 

"Ready to go?" Namjoon inquired, his hind legs moving as he spoke, clearly eager to get going. 

"Yeah, lets go" Jimin smiled up at the centaur.

With a wave back at Anker who was loitering around the main doors into the inn, the wave was returned enthusiastically, Anker yelling well wishes to their disappearing forms.

~*~

The day was bright and the sun shined over the land, Jimin found himself both enjoying and hating the heat, for one thing it made him drink a lot of water and without a place to restock, it was quickly becoming a problem. His inn was really in the middle of nowhere and sometimes in situations like this he cursed himself for building it there.

Thankfully they had Jungkook with them, the canis auritus was an excellent tracker and since he lived outside all the time he knew the land well and how to find water and food.

"Hey Jungkook, do you know if there is a stream or river nearby?" Jimin called out to the canis auritus, who was a fair distance ahead of them, just exploring the area, clearly Namjoon and Jimin walked too slow for his liking.

Jungkook's ears perked up on top of his head, swivelling around clearly showing he had heard Jimin. He came bounding back down the hill he had climbed, reaching their side without so much as being short of breath, Jimin envied him.

"Water?" Jungkook asked.

"We have almost ran out, do you know where we can find some?" Jimin showed him the almost empty water skins.

"Jungkook knows" Jungkook took Jimin's hand without further information, dragging the human along behind him.

Jimin found himself almost running to keep up with the brisk pace the canis auritus was setting. Namjoon had begun a slow trot to keep up with the pair, the bags on his back swaying with each movement. Jimin could hear all the glass bottles of Namjoon's herbs and medicine clinking together as he moved.

Eventually they found the water source, Jimin was very glad that he agreed to let Jungkook come along with them. He knew how to move across the land in ways that Jimin was not aware of, Namjoon could probably do it too with his species being logical and knowledgeable about nature.  

"How did you know this was here?" Jimin asked, as he filled another water skin, handing it to Namjoon who was dropping some leaves into it. Apparently according to the centaur it was a type of leaf that dissolved into water and removed any disease or harmful toxins. Nobles often use them when drinking as it turns an orange colour when it comes into contact with poisons.

Thankfully the water was safe.

"I could smell it, the air changes near water" Jungkook crouched down, Namjoon handed him the water skin before he could drink directly from the stream, the canis auritus took it, chugging the whole thing in one go.

"Can you do that Namjoon?" Jimin turned to his friend.

"I cannot smell the water in the air like Jungkook can, but I could tell from the way the land is shaped that there was a river nearby. I will teach you how sometime" Namjoon inclined his head, taking another water skin that Jimin offered him.

There was some noises coming from the bushes, one that had Jungkook's hackles rising. Canis auritus were protective of their pack, and Jungkook thought of Jimin and Namjoon as his pack, willing to protect them no matter what.

"Thank goodness we have found you" Jimin recognised the satyr from the inn a couple of days ago.

"It is okay Jungkook" Jimin held out his hands to calm the canis auritus as he had begun to growl at the new comers.

For before them was 4 of Jimin's previous tenants. Jimin remembered almost everyone who came to his inn, it was a special gift he seemed to possess.  

There was the satyr, his shroom friend perched on his shoulder in his shrunk down form. Hoseok hung from the satyr's side, his wounds seemed to have gotten worse, perhaps they were infected. And finally there was the merman, who had almost immediately gone to stand within the river.

"Your employee told us where to find you, he has gotten worse, please we need your help" Hoseok as if on cue fainted on the spot.

"I will see what I can do"

~*~

So the gang are all together, the unlikely bunch of supernatural creatures and human on a trip together. 

Which creature would you want to be from the group out of curiosity.

I hope you liked the chapter.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,

Winter