𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐓𝐨 𝐅𝐥𝐲

Start from the beginning

"Hey, whatever Sam wants to do with her life that's up to her. If she decides to go to school near by, get her MBA, USC, UCLA, I'm just saying...it's all icing on the cake" Daniel said as the idea of school started up.

"So Miguel, how's school going?" Amanda asked.

"Great actually" He said proudly.

"Straight A's this semester" Carmen said with a smile on her face and Asteria squeezed his hand she was holding under the table.

"Nerd" Asteria and Johnny said together. The two looked at each other and Asterias smile went wide.

"Twinsies" Asteria said in a sing song voice.

"Shush Luna" Johnny joked.

"What about you Asteria? How's school" Amanda asked and Miguel felt her go stiff.

"Uh, great too" Asteria said awkwardly.

"Yeah, she got really good news the other day" Valencia boasted as she winked at her daughter.

"Yeah? What was it?" Miguel asked and Asteria could feel her nerves bubble up.

"Uh, I'm..." This was it. She could break the news now, well half of it. "I'm graduating early actually"

"What?" Sam asked in shock.

"Woah" Daniel said.

"That's insane, I'm so proud of you" Miguel said breathlessly as he felt so proud of his girlfriend. No matter what he'd be proud of her.

"Nerds are really attracted to each other" Johnny muttered, but Carmen heard and hit Johnny's leg under the table.

"So what about universities? for the both of you?" Daniel asked excitedly.

"I'm thinking Stanford" Miguel answered.

"I'm still thinking" Asteria lied. It was becoming second nature to not talk to anything besides her mom and Aisha about Brown.

"Well Miguel, with grades like yours, you can go anywhere you want, even an impressive school like Stanford" Daniel said with a smile.

"Yeah, I think it's like number six in the country and the campus is beautiful, and it's close by so I can see Asteria on the weekends" Miguel said excitedly as he really hoped he would get in. Asteria smiled as she admired him.

"It's definitely a top choice, but that tuition well, we're also thinking about Santa Monica College right?" Carmen asked. "Save some money, live at home, you'll see Asteria more, and then we can go from there"

"SMC's great too, it's right by the beach, have you checked out their campus?" Daniel asked and Miguel visibly got annoyed. He wanted Stanford, not SMC, it was Stanford or nothing.

"I-I haven't" Miguel stammers out, but as he went to reach for something he accidentally tipped over Daniels wine which fell on him. "Oh my god, Mr. LaRusso, shit, I-I mean, I'm so sorry"

"Hey it's okay, it's just a little wine" Daniel brushed it off and offered Miguel a smile, who looked distressed.

"You haven't told him have you?" Valencia asked as she put on her coat in the living room.

"Ma, you know me, I don't even know if I got in" Asteria said and Valencia rolled her eyes at her daughter.

"You did" Valencia said with a proud smile.

"What?" She asked in shock.

"I got a call, they told me you got in, but your letter got lost in the mail, so they called me" Valencia informed and Asteria was in just shock. She didn't know how to react, or even tell anyone.