18 • 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳

Start from the beginning

He wondered if this is normal in daily idol life or if his experience came with some kind of DLC. He wanted to know.

Their shoes were crumbling the rock as they took every step closer. Jake was sweating uncontrollably. Although it was cold sweat it was still uncomfortable.

Hyerim was looking. Not at Jake nor on the enemy. She was watching her surroundings. There was no one there. Only them. Did they trust those two enough to get her down or was it a trap?

Some would ask that question in their head, they would maybe even panic. But Hyerim knew the answer the second she saw them.

'Do you think I don't know that you are bating me?'

All of them stopped in their tracks. Jake was confused but didn't dare to turn around to look at the girl.

Silver and Grey slowly turned around with grins plastered on their faces.

'Smart as always' Grey giggled.

Suddenly, all three of them were pointing guns at each other. Jake was still trembling, not knowing what is happening. He thought this is it.

'Jake' Hyerim said in all seriousness.

He didn't respond. He was just looking forward at the two young adults pointing their guns at them. He wanted to look at her so badly, but his fear didn't let him.

'Get behind me. Now.'

Her command pierced through his ears. Trying to move as quietly as possible, he also adjusted his breathing as he was worried only slight noise will get them both killed.

He slowly looked at her, without moving his eyes, as he passed her. She did the same. However, her weak smile made his heart drop.

Jake stopped behind her. Her strawberry-blond hair was the only thing he saw now. And it indeed made him calmer.

This moment felt like an eternity. Hyerim eyed both of the guys constantly, calculating any possible outcomes. The worst thing was that almost none of them were positive.

It was two versus one plus bomb. Jokes on her, maybe it was twenty-on-one, she just didn't want to think about that alternative.

Jake hated the calm silence in this situation. The air was suddenly thicker. It was like time stopped. And the words Hyerim said were dull, it almost went through his ears unnoticed: 'Run.'

Jake's eyes widened. He thought he heard wrong, but Hyerim's push brought him back to reality.

She pushed him back which almost made him fall. However, she tried to create a human shield.

'Run you idiot!' she shouted.

The fire was open. Jake stumbled and fell on his butt. Everything was happening in slow motion. At least in his eyes. The loud sounds coming from everywhere suddenly became dimmed. Tear escaped his eye as he saw Hyerim standing in front of him shooting.

He closed his eyes in defeat and got up. He turned around and ran as fast as he could. The fire continued and so did his tears. The bullets were missing him, but all he wanted to know was if they were also missing her. The dust was rising and falling as his Nike sneakers were hitting the ground. Not knowing what is going to happen next he ran for his life.

To think this will happen to him only months after his debut. It was funny to him this was something that crossed his mind at times like this. His members, Enhypen. He wondered if they are well.

Because after all, the only thing goodhearted boy Jake ever wished for is everyone to be happy.

Hyerim cried as she kept shooting and dodging every iron flying her way. She hated her job. She hated the way her life turned out. She hated herself for hurting Snow. She hated herself for feeling butterflies whenever Jake smiled at her.

The end was near. The negativity entered her brain and drilled itself in. It was better like that, she thought. Jake will escape and her friends will find out the true reason behind this misery.

Jake didn't see a thing through his tears which resulted in him running to a giant bush. He struggled to get out but finally fell out of it. He stood on all four, breathing heavily. With no idea what to do, he just stared soullessly at the pebbles below him.

'Well, well. I got you, cutie'

Jake's eyes widened over the feminine voice. Slowly looking up, she was a tall black-haired lady with purple lipstick.

She grinned victoriously and reached to grab him by his collar. Jake immediately dodged and tried to get up to run for his life.

However, unfortunately, the lady wasn't a visitor of the park. She quickly charged after him and jumped on him. Jake groaned as he fell to the ground. The evil laugh the woman produced made Jake uneasy.

'I got him' she spoke as she touched her earpiece.

On the other side were Silver and Grey laughing like maniacs. Hyerim heard it. Her lips were trembling in fear. She had no idea what to do. First time in her life she felt cornered. This whole idea of Jake getting away had too many holes but she still ran with it. It was her fault.

All she wanted right now was for this to end. All it took was to not dodge the bullets.

'We don't need you anymore, Einstein' said Silver.

'The bomb goes off in an hour' Grey laughed and shot his final bullet.

Hyerim didn't move and just stood there like she was made of stone. She closed her eyes and exhaled in exhaustion. Silver and Grey were already gone. Now she was all alone to die.

The bullet hit her. She fell instantly. The warm blood was somehow cozy to her. It was the same color as the flowers around her. They were shaking due to the fake wind. Or due to fear? Nobody really knows.

She smiled as her hand reached for the fake sky which showed beautiful stars. Suddenly, she saw a star falling. It was a beautiful sight. It reminded it of her. Once a star now a fallen star. How funny.

She closed her eyes with a smile, accepting her defeat.

Hello!

Istg, I want to finish this, but I feel like I made this book only as the plot explanation, not really a book itself you know what I mean.

I had a really good plot for this but it got lost as I tried to explain the series. However, I still think this book is decent, so I will finish it and continue the series! I will try to make the next books more individual, but still, connect them to the shared plot (which I failed to do so in this one).

This one feels dry and straight to the point. But I am trying my best to spice it up to the end lmao. YES, we are reaching the end of this book soon 💜

I hope y'all are still here and will allow me to finish this 🥰

Have a great day/night!

[PAUSED] 𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 • 𝘦𝘯𝘩𝘺𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘪𝘮 𝘫𝘢𝘦𝘺𝘶𝘯On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara