11 • 𝘩𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘐

The kindergarten.

The one every gang member came from.

Almost everyone.

However, Leah wasn't an exception.

Or should we say Hyerim?

She sat on the grass, looking at the sky with her dolls laying next to her. Six year old Hyerim was feeling the best she could.

It was three pm and it meant they got free time to play. She looked at the field full of kids playing tag. She smiled knowing she would beat their asses if she played as well.

'Children! It's time to go back!' the maid shouted with a smile.

All of the children sulked but made their way back to the house which stood in the middle of the field.

But Hyerim wasn't feeling it.

'Well Ms. Hyerim, unfortunately, we need to go back' the maid sat next to her and watched the little girl play with her dolls.

'But they want to be outside' she sulked.

'Who?'

Hyerim pointed at her two dolls which made the maid chuckle.

'I am sure they want to go inside, right?' she smiled.

'Yes, we do' the maid mimicked high pitched voice.

Hyerim started laughing and hugged the maid. She picked her up and spun her around. Haewon couldn't stop laughing as her hair was dancing in the wind.

She was as happy as a child should be.

However, the maid knew. She knew everything.

How do people come to look at the kids like they are meat? To choose a "special" person for their blood filled gang.

She tried so hard to get all the kids to the right families. The ones that came with genuine hope to have children.

Despite her hard work, there were more gang leaders than common families coming to a "cursed" kindergarten.

'Unnie?' Hyerim looked at the maid with her big brown orbs.

'Yes sweetheart?' she smiled at the little girl.

'Where is Sumin unnie?'

The maid's heart dropped. She remembered very vividly when Olivia came for Sumin. She didn't want to admit it, but she hated Olivia.

The woman came too often to pick up children.

'I hope at a better place' she smiled, knowing it's most likely not even true.

The maid carried Haewon back to the giant house. She smiled despite the pain in her heart. All of the children deserve a home, not a gang.

'I was expecting you.'

The maid's eyes almost fell out of her skull when she saw Olivia standing in front of the wooden house's door. Her brown hair was tied in a high ponytail which suited her elegant black jumpsuit.

She looked evil. However, she knew how to manipulate kids. The maid always knew something was fishy about Olivia. But she was too good to let her guard down.

'I didn't get a call from you, Ms. Olivia' she smiled with disgust.

'I know. We had an emergency and we need more recruits' Olivia smiled more than fakely.

'You can go inside' she signaled her.

'Oh, who is this little one' she smiled and came closer to the child the maid was holding.

The maid leaned back to avoid Olivia's hand. Olivia smirked and crossed her arms on her chest.

'Listen, by contract I can take whoever I want. Even this girl' she kept smirking.

'Yes, Ms.' the maid said sadly.

'Prepare her. I like her. She looks talented' Olivia smiled at Hyerim and walked past them.

'Who was that?' Hyerim asked with a smile.

'She will introduce herself to you later. You need to pack' the maid held her tears back.

'Why? Are we going on a trip?' Hyerim clapped her hands in excitement.

'Yes, the lady will take you on a trip' she looked at her with a broken smile.

Hyerim didn't understand the cruel reality yet. She didn't understand the tears in the maid's eyes. All she wanted was to play all day long in the grass like she used to.

She didn't know it was about to change.

'Honey, you can wait here. I will pack up' the maid smiled and put Hyerim on the ground.

Hyerim stood confused in front of the front door. She sat on the front stairs, waiting for her to come back.

'Why didn't you come back?'

Hyerim turned around to see one of her best friends, Yoodam.

'Yoodam!' she jumped up and ran to her.

'We need to build a new dollhouse, remember?' Yoodam cheerfully said.

'We will! But first, I am going on a trip' she showed Yoodam her tongue.

'Not fair' Yoodam sulked.

They both laughed and ran down the stairs to the giant green field. They held hands and chased the white butterflies.

'I also want to go on the trip' Yoodam sulked again.

'I will ask if you can go with us!' Hyerim's eyes sparkled.

'You will!?' Yoodam jumped in excitement.

'Hyerim!' the maid shouted after her.

The two girls giggled and ran back. They stopped in front of the two ladies.

'Now, who is this beautiful girl?' Olivia asked with a raised eyebrow.

'That-' the maid wanted to respond, but she was cut off.

'That's Yoodam! She is my best friend. Can she come also on the trip?' Hyerim held Yoodam's hand.

'Hyerim, no' the maid smiled in pain.

'Hmm, of course, she can sweetie' Olivia got down on their level.

'We will have a great time together' Olivia took their hands and smiled at them.

'You, go pack this girl' Olivia turned her head around.

The maid wanted to burst into tears but held herself back. She ran into the house, knowing she lost another child.

'Why? Why is this happening?' she cried out, leaning on the door.

On the other hand, the two girls were thrilled. They couldn't stay still from excitement.

'Will we be best friends forever?' asked Hyerim.

'Yes!' Yoodam smiled at her friend.