Yoonmin pt.3

yoongi's pov:
I looked at the clock, it was past six. I was totally worn out from my 12 hour-shift.
I suddenly think about Jimin, his sample result will be out by now. I got up and headed to the lab downstairs. I entered the room and waited for the receptionist to come.
"can I have the blood sample result of Park Jimin?" I asked.
"sure doctor. please wait a minute" she said.
"what is the registration code?" she asked while searching through the files.
"12865 I believe"
"here it is" she leaned over and gave me the result.
"thank you"
I unfolded the papers and something caught my eyes.
"positive for a strep throat"
oh...
so I was right...
he has been suffering from a strep throat all this while, 5-6 days to be exact.

strep throat is highly contagious. I maybe infected myself... but Jimin's health is much more important.
I'll be working till 8 in the evening, so I can do the test on myself to see if I'm infected or not. I made sure to wear a face mask.
I was heading to the lab when my phone buzzed. it was a message from Jimin.

"hello hyung, I've been feeling much worse since I came back from the hospital. I left the key under the rug so you can come if I'm fast asleep.
thank you for taking care of me"
as soon as I saw his message, I started writing back to him.
"hello Jiminssi
that's okay don't worry. sleep for a while. I'll be there by nine" I pressed send and went in the laboratory.

"hello, can I have a strep throat kit please?" I said.
"yes sure, here you are doctor"
I grabbed it and went into the room to perform the test. it's really quick and painless.
I removed the face mask I was wearing, then opened the kit, tore open the stick and removed the lid. I roll it at the back of my throat and rubbed it for several times. I then put it into the container and wrote
"Min Yoongi's sample" and sticked it on the container.
I wore my mask again and went back into the lab reception.
I filled in the form and gave it to the receptionist.
"did you do the test on yourself?"
"yeah I'm making sure if I'm infected or not"
"I hope it's nothing serious. I'll let you know when the result is out"

I thanked her, sat down and waited for the results. it takes even less than 20 minutes. I was really sleepy and tired. I closed my eyes and noticed that the back of my throat feels scratchy and it hurts when I swallow.

after abut fifteen minutes, the receptionist came back.
"the result is out and it's negative" I stood up.
"is it negative?" I asked.
she gave me the paper.
yes it was negative but I have to take an antibiotic just to make sure I'm not infectious.
I thanked her and left the laboratory.
I then visited some of my patients. when it was past 7:30, I came back to my room again and started writing the prescription for Jimin.
strep throat doesn't heal by itself. there has to be a strict course of antibiotics, penicillin and amoxicilin along with vitamins for it to heal. he has to take at least five antibiotic shot and a total of three vitamin shots, and some amoxicilin capsule.
I wrote down the prescription and headed to the pharmacy.
"can I have these?"
"please wait, I'll call you doctor"
I sat down while he was grabbing all the medicines, pills, distilled water ampoules, syringes, lot more ampoules and syringes again. I paid for the medicine and went upstairs to grab my belongings, my keys, my medical bag and some files. it was already past 8 and I was ready to go.

I left the hospital and headed back to my home.
as soon as I reached home, I had a real quick shower and made a real quick sandwich for myself as well as Jimin because I know he has lost his appetite and there's no way I'm administrating an antibiotic injection on an empty stomach.

after eating the sandwich, I headed to my room to take the antibiotic course.
as much as the test was negative, I was having similar symptoms. a scratch at the back of my throat was making me crazy since a few hours ago so I decided I'll be having a shot of penicillin 800 for the health of myself and my patients.

I sat on the bed and took a syringe, an ampoule of distilled water, an 18 guage needle, the penicillin container and an extra needle to draw up the medicine.
I tore open a pack of a syringe and attached the needle on top. I then broke the ampoule, pulled the plunger and pushed about 2 ml of distilled water into the syringe. I removed the lid of the penicillin container and inserted the needle into the container and mixed it altogether. I then pushed the thick mixture into the syringe. I could already see it thicken. penicillin is really hard to administrate, as the medicine thickens in less than a minute. so I didn't have a choice rather than inserting it and plunging the mixture down my muscle. I didn't really have anytime to spare.

I quickly moved to the floor to sit in front of the mirror to make sure I'm not administrating it the wrong way. as I was sitted, I lowered my pants on the right side so half of my tush was revealed.
I tore open the alcohol swab and rubbed it on my right buttcheeck. I then removed the needle and replaced it with another needle as the medicine has to go deep into the muscle.
I made a fat mass with my left hand and inserted the long needle in one go deep into my tush. I started to plunging down the mixture slowly, groaning at the same time as the medicine burns and I can feel it travel its way through my leg.
I must've hit a nerve, cause it hurts a lot. I tried to relax and took some deep breaths.  I again started to push the plunger.

that's when I aspirated the syringe to see if I've hit a blood vessel, but no blood was pushed into the plunger. so I pushed and screamed and pushed and screamed until I completely injected the thick-burning medicine down my muscle.
I pressed the alcohol swab on the spot with my left hand and pulled the needle out of my tush.
I massaged the spot for a minute, so the medicine is absorbed.

then I got up, I couldn't even move my right leg for a few minutes.
oh... that shit hurts.
but Jimin's health is much more important than the pain in my right leg.
so with all difficulty, I wore my clothes, grabbed the sandwiches and left the home to visit on Jimin

______________________________________

tell me if you like the story so far~
thank you for supporting this book