~42~ Graduation Preparation

Začít od začátku

"Trust me, it is. Where's your detangler, comb, and brush? And maybe a claw clip."

"In my closet, by the mirror in the right corner." Marley disappears into my closet and Lauren is rubbing some type of lip product into my lips. "Ah, that stings."

"Good, it means it's working."

"Shouldn't you do that last?"

"I want it to settle so when I go to put the lipstick on, it won't look weird. Now shush, the master is at work." I would not let her do anything to my face, but she's recently got a job at a salon and does makeup and I've seen some of the looks she's done and as of right now, I have no reason to doubt her.

Marley returns, her arms full of every single hair product and accessory you could think of. She sets it all down on the little table behind her and I feel her tugging on my hair. "Ow! What the hell are you doing?"

"Parting it so I can clip half of it up while I work on one side of your head. I told you it was tangled badly."

I groan and Lauren shushes me with her finger and she starts applying a white cream onto a brush and starts to rub it on my face. 

I can practically feel the claw clip go into my scalp and I try not to scream as a cold mist tickles my neck. I can hear Marley opening random containers and I'll feel her occasionally run her fingers through my hair, probably applying a product into it. She sprays another product into my hair and I feel it drip down my back I try not to cringe, but I get goosebumps and Lauren taps my face and tells me to relax. 

Marley starts to run the comb through my hair, my head occasionally jerking backward. "Marley! Relax with the combing."

"Sorry!"

Lauren's face is right in mine and I've never been so thankful for her chewing gum. After applying like four random products to my face, she finally starts to put on the foundation with my light blue beauty blender. She'll occasionally have me tip my head to the side and Marley huffs. "Hey, we should play music." Marley finishes assaulting my hair and she wipes her hand on a paper towel as she reenters my closet, grabbing my phone and speaker.

"Any requests?"

"Anything by SZA."

She unlocks my phone and she goes to some random music app and 'Pretty Little Birds' starts playing and Marley hums along as she begins to tie up the left side of my hair and she unclips the right and she doe the same process of spraying something, using several different creams, some other spray, then assaulting my hair with a comb and brush.

Lauren has now applied the concealer and bronzer and light blush. She leans over and grabs the eye shadow pallet and she shrieks. "Oh my god, I have this amazing idea!"

"As long as it's waterproof." She rolls her eyes at me before I close my eyes. When the eye shadow brush dances across my eyelid, I try not to laugh, but I fail to do so and I chuckle, and Lauren groans and tells me to shut up. When she does makeup, she takes it very seriously, like her life depends on it and most of the time, it does. She's had to do the makeup of some of the local models and she gets paid a shit ton of money when she does.

"You'll never believe this, but I have this waterproof eyeliner and it's silver! It's gonna look so good!" I hum in response and she brushes on a little more eye shadow before I feel something wet and cold being applied where my eyelid creases. "Now, I'm going to use a silver eyeliner pencil and finish it off. And yes, it's waterproof." She closes off the wing with the liner and she allows me to open my eyes. "Do you want to do the mascara yourself?" "Sure." She hands me a lash princess mascara and I turn towards the vanity mirror and I'm in awe as soon as I see my reflection. I love how sparkly the eyeliner is and my cheeks glow from the shimmery bronzer. I start to apply the mascara and it makes it look like I'm wearing false lashes. "Damn, this is a really good mascara!" I continue to swipe it onto my eyelashes, approving of the effect it gives my lashes. "I look so pretty." I look up at Marely and Lauren through the reflection of the mirror and they're smiling brightly at me. "Of course you are!" Marley exclaims, playing with my hair.