~5~ Greetings From Lifeguard Number Two

After Maisey, Jacob, and I iced the cookies, I went home and crashed. I was once again rudely awoken by my alarm blaring in my ear.

I got ready for my second day of training and forgot to put make-up on again. I hope they aren't hot like my other trainer was. 

I carefully make my way down the stairs, trying not to trip again. Once I safely made it down the stairs, I'm greeted by a note on the counter. 

'I had to leave early for a meeting honey. Sorry I couldn't make you breakfast. There's cereal in the cupboard. Love you!'

I decide not to eat breakfast and I grab my beach bag. Just when I thought I was going to have a good day, I was wrong. I tripped over my own two feet trying to walk to my car. Now there's a huge scrape on my right knee and blood is everywhere.

I didn't have time to go back to the house to clean it up so I drove to the beach with blood trickling down my legs. Highlight of my week.

When I finally arrived everyone was staring at me as I painfully trudged through the sand to the deserted area where I meet my trainers.

Once I finally made it I sat down in the same spot as yesterday and I studied my skinned knee. I take out the hydrogen peroxide and cotton balls and I start cleaning the wound. I was so focused on taking care of myself, that I didn't realize someone was there. Someone who was very tall and hot.

"Need help?" An attractive voice asks me. I look up and it's Ace Akers. We used to work together at the coffee shop, but he changed his shifts. 

"Uhm, no thanks, I've got it." He doesn't listen and he gets on his knees. He extends my leg and takes a look at it. He takes the cotton ball from my grasp and he starts to clean the wound. 

It stung a little bit so I kept wincing and moving my leg.

"If you'd quit moving this would be a much easier process," I whisper out a sorry and let him continue.

I catch myself staring at his gorgeous abs and his hands... they're so veiny. I didn't even realize my mouth was ajar until Ace takes his thumb and closes my mouth for me.

"T-thank you." Damn, why am I stuttering?

He simply nods his head and gets back onto his feet and I also stand. 

"I was thinking of maybe doing another swim test, but I think I should change the plan since the saltwater will probably burn your cut." I shrug my shoulders. Even though I know this is going to hurt like hell, I forcefully go into the water, leaving Ace on the beach. 

After being in the water for not even 5 seconds, my knee started burning like hell.

"Okay, never mind. So we're going to go until you can't touch anymore and you'll tread for two minutes, then we'll take a break and do five and we'll go from there."

"You're not even going to check and see if I can even swim?" I ask with a slight smile.

"Well, you're in the advanced section, so I'd think you can swim just fine." He got me there.

"Right."

"So, let me know when you can't reach anymore." He takes my hand and we continued into the water until the tip of my toes couldn't even graze the ocean floor. 

When we went out to where I couldn't reach, Ace looked confused, but then remembered he was much taller than me, so he could still reach. He looks down at his Apple Watch and motions for me to start.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

The tread test was so easy and my knee didn't burn as badly as I thought it would. Well, it did, just not for long.

As I'm drying off, I catch Ace looking my way.

"Do you need something?" I ask, pulling on my cover-up. 

"I just thought I'd tell you that I'm going back to my original shifts so I'll see you at work tomorrow and I'll be training you on Thursday." He smiles and walks away before I have a chance to respond.

Maybe working with Ace again will be fun. He was always the highlight of my day when we'd work behind the counter together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looks like someone can't keep their eyes (or hands) off of Peyton...

Lmk if there are any typos! Thanks!

~Lia

Question of the chapter: favorite flavor doughnut?