~17~ Search History

One of the girls, Marley, I think her name was, claims she heard the door open, but she doesn't feel like getting up so I decided to go check. When I go to the front door, I see Jacob crying and Peyton holding him close to her.

I wish she'd hold me like that...

Am I jealous?

No, I'm not.

"Hey, what's uh going on?" I ask, rubbing my hand behind my neck like I have a cramp or something.

"It's nothing. We'll be over soon." Peyton looks up at me and smiles at me. It's supposed to look real, and it does, but I know it's fake. "Oh okay."

I walk back over to the guest living room- yes, they have a living room specifically for their guests- and I sit by Lauren. At least I think her name is Lauren.

"Weren't you going to bring us some coffee from Peyton's coffee shop?" Mike asks, resting his feet on the coffee table. "Well, I was, but I forgot my key again so I was going to try and 'break in'," She uses air quotes, "But then Kristian drove by and saw me and I think he told Peyton. But in case he called the cops, I left."

"Pfft, Ramey, calling the cops? No chance." Jacob walks in and sits by Mike. His eyes are red and puffy and his nose is stuffy, but he hates it when people know he was crying so no one pays mind to it.

"Nice of you to join us..." Marley asks, setting Maisey down on the ground to play with her fake make-up set. 

"Jacob, I'm Jacob. Maisey's brother." 

"Oh." 

"I have a great idea!" I announce as Peyton comes in with sample dishes of ice cream for everyone. "And that genius idea is?" She asks, giving me a snarky look. What the hell is her problem?

"We should film a Tiktok."   All that got me was an eye roll.

I set up the phone and hit the countdown. The countdown begins and as I start dancing guess who starts screaming as he enters the doorway.

"Hey bitches!" Kristian walks in with... "Kristian, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU WEARING STILETTOS!?" Jacob screams and everyone turns to look at his magnificent shoe choice. Peyton lets out an evil cackle and it's kind of adorable.

The hell it is not.

That's the scariest laugh any person has ever heard.

"So y'all are worried about me when Peyton is laughing like the wicked witch of the wild west's sister," Kristian exclaims while kicking off his heels. "Guys, we should film a Tiktok," I suggest again causing everyone, but Maisey and Peyton to laugh. Jacob pats my shoulder and sighs, "This is how we know you're truly a Tiktoker." 

I shrug my shoulders and set my phone against a flower vase. "I mean, I am verified." Jacob glares at me. "So am I, what's your point." I just roll my eyes at him and press the countdown. The countdown begins and as soon as the music starts, Jacob and I start dancing while everyone else does their own thing in the background. As the song was about to end, Mike comes up behind me and tackles me to the ground. 

Jacob grabs my phone and runs out of the room while I'm still pinned to the ground. "Guys, let's go through his search history!"

 "No!" I shout instinctively, causing Mike to put more of his weight down on me. While him and I are wrestling. Kristian and all the girls, except Maisey of course, are crowding around my phone as Jacob shouts the things I had previously searched up.

"How do I shut off the water?" Jacob shouts while laughing.

"What size dick is too small!" I hear one of the girls shout.

"Which cologne is attractive to girls." Kristian laughs. out.

"Which piece of furniture am I? Ace, what the hell are you looking up?" Jacob says, barely being able to catch his breath from laughing so hard.

"I was a couch!" I call back and everyone falls to the floor laughing.

"Hmm what were you doing on the hub on June 24th at 11:54 pm?" Marley calls bringing my phone back into the living room. That's a good question. I haven't been on there since I was like fifteen. 

"That's a question that I don't have the answer to." I push Mike off of me and snatch my phone out of her grasp.

Jacob comes stumbling into the room wiping away tears.

"I would've expected this shit from Ramey, not you!" He wipes away another tear.

"It's really not that funny." I can feel my cheeks heat up. They're probably bright red right now.

"Y-You're a couch!" He falls to the ground and laughs harder. "You're probably a chair!" I shout back, trying to defend myself, but it doesn't go very well because Jacob is now doubled over laughing so hard that it's silent. The worse kind of laugh. 

"Hey guys, come to say goodnight to Maisey, she's going to bed." Everyone comes over to Maisey, who is resting on Peyton's shoulder and wishes her a good night. Jacob finally calmed down and kissed her forehead. "Jacob, can you tuck me in while Pey reads me a story?" 

/\/\/\/\/\

Kristian looks between his watch and the staircase. "They've been gone awhile, should I check on them?" As if they were summoned, Peyton and Jacob come toppling down the stairs. Luckily I'm standing by the staircase because Peyton misses the last two steps and I catch her. Her breath hitches and she looks me in the eyes and smiles, hesitating on what to do next. Jacob walks around us and into the living room, snatching Kristian's phone. "Hey, guys! Kristian is letting us go through his my eyes only!" Peyton scrambles out of my arms and runs into the huddle. "Let me see!" She shouts. 

"No, the fuck I am not!"

"Whatcha hiding?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

spectacular friend group.

lmk if there are typos and if the length is okay. thanks!

~lia

Question of the chapter: What do you think is in Kristian's my eyes only?