~18~ Late Nights and Party Lights

"I know it's like 2 a.m., but we should go swimming!" Lauren suggests.

"Yes!" We all say in unison. We run out to the back of the house and the guys start taking off their shirts, the three of us girls go into the pool house and change into bikinis. We come out and Jacob and Ace are flat-out staring at me. Jacob grabs my left hand and Ace grabs my right hand. Mike grabs Ace's hand, Kristian grabs Jacobs, Marley grabs Kristian's hand and Lauren grabs Mike's hand.

"On the count of three. One...Two...Three!" All of us jump into the pool and as soon as our feet graze the water we yelp. It's freezing!

Ace lets go of my hand as soon as we go completely under the water and Jacob holds onto mine for dear life. When I come up for air, Jacob is shaking his hair, and water droplets splash me.

Jacob looks at me and smiles, but then his smile quickly drops and he pulls me into his chest. "What the hell are you doing?" I try to escape his grasp, but he holds on tighter. "Stay still, your top came off." I look down and see my bare chest against Jacob.

"Ace come here!" Jacob calls. Holding onto my shoulders. "Hm?" He swims over, splashing everywhere. "Do you see a bikini top at the bottom of the pool?" He looks down and then he points to a spot, closer to the steps. "Over there."

"Well, could you hurry up and get it because my titties are against your friend's chest." I snap causing Jacob to chuckle a little. "It's not funny." I look up at him sternly, and he gives me a head tilt. "I think it is. And it's better than you just standing here with your titties out for everyone to see. Good thing I was here." He winks at me and I feel my cheeks heat up and I already know they're turning a bright shade of red. "Oh is someone nervous?" He seductively whispers into my ear. Thankfully, Ace returns with my top so I don't have to answer him.

"I'll tie it for you." Ace grabs the string to my top and gently ties them while Jacob continues to look in my eyes with innocence like he didn't just make me melt. "There ya go." I swim away from Jacob and follow Ace. "Thanks." He smiles. "Anytime." He climbs out of the pool and grabs a towel. I get out and follow him and he throws a towel at me. "I think I'm going to head home since I've gotta work tomorrow." We don't work until 10. Maybe he sleeps in. "Oh, okay, good night." I hug him and he goes into the house.

/\/\/\/\/\

The party lights are plugged in and we're all sitting at the tiki bar beside the she shed, drinking mocktails. Mike pulls out his phone and his eyes widen when he realizes the time. "It's like 4 in the morning! I've gotta go. Bye." We all say goodbye and he jumps down from the barstool and goes through the gate, leading to the front of the house. "I think we should go too," Marley says, grabbing Lauren and Kristian follows right behind them. "Same. Bye Peyton, thanks for inviting us. We should do it again sometime." He gives me a light smile and enters the house.

Jacob tips his cup and swirls it around, stirring the drink. "I guess it's just us two." A piece of hair falls out of my messy bun and I tuck it behind my ear. "Mhmm." He leans in closer and I can see his eyelashes. They're so long. Lucky.

"You never answered my question earlier." I tilt my head and sip at my drink. "What question?" He leans in closer and I feel his lips brush against my ear, causing me to shudder. "Do I make you nervous?" He pulls away a little bit, but his face is just centimeters from mine and his bright blue eyes pierce into my hazel eyes. "Depends," I say confidently, staying in front of Jacob's face. He nods and pulls away. "Hm, okay."

I get up from my seat and go behind the counter, dumping out my drink and rinsing out the cup. Jacob comes behind me and wraps his arms around my waist while I clean my cup. He rests his chin on my shoulder and we sway back and forth. I grab all the other cups and start cleaning them. "I'm tired." He says sleepily. I shut off the water and turn around, still in Jacob's light grasp. "Then let's go to bed." He doesn't let go of me. Instead, he holds me closer. We're still swaying back and forth. He rests his head in the crook of my neck and I rest my head on his shoulder. We stay like that for what felt like forever, but in reality, it was probably a few minutes. 

When he eventually pulls away, I turn off the party lights and the lights in the pool and I lead Jacob into the house. I take him to the guest room and he pouts a little bit before shutting the door. I feel bad for making him sleep alone, but my mom is home. 

"Good night, Jacob."

"Good night, Peyton"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hehehe

lmk ab typos and the length. thanks!

~lia

Question of the chapter: Favorite candy?