~2~ Meeting Trainer Number One

I wake up to the obnoxious sound of my alarm waking me up from a peaceful sleep. Then it all hits me like a bus. I start training today and I don't even know who my trainers are.

I frantically jump out of my bed and scan my room for the bathing suit I'd left out the night before. The Lifeguard Training Association personally sends out bathing suits to the trainees. For the females, they're one-pieces with spaghetti straps and on the back, it reads 'lifeguard trainee'

I put on the bathing suit and my bathing suit cover and I head into the bathroom to brush my teeth, wash my face, and do my hair. I contemplated putting on make-up, but I'm not in a romance movie, it's not my trainer is going to be hot and I'm also going to be in the water and the hot sun. 

As I head down the staircase to the kitchen, I miss a step and tumble the rest of the way down the stairs. My mom hears the crash and runs to the bottom of the stairs where I'm crumpled over in a ball of pain. 

"Peyton! What the hell. How are you going to be a lifeguard when you can barely walk down the stairs?" So much for the support. She helps me up and guides me to the kitchen. I sit on a barstool while my mom examines my injuries. 

"So, what do you think doc, am I gonna live?" I ask wincing in pain as I touch a bruise that is slowly forming on my rib cage.

"Well, you have a bruise here," She pokes at my upper arm, causing me to wince. "And here," She pokes my side where I was holding. "Oh, and here." She viciously jabs her finger onto a huge bruise on the side of my thigh causing me to yelp.

"Mom!" She chuckles as she grabs my plate of food and sets it in front of me. I quickly ate the eggs and toast and basically limped through the house to make sure I had everything before leaving. 

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

As soon as I checked the roster I immediately regretted not putting on make-up. Regardless if it'd get ruined by the sweat and water, I would've looked hot when they first met me. I grab my beach bag and trudge through the sand across the beach to a private lifeguard tower.

The area was so vacant. Even the sun didn't want to be over here. I applied sunscreen and nervously waited for my trainers. I waited for what felt like forever when I finally saw a person. A hot person.

They were flawlessly walking through the sand with wet hair and abs that made me practically drool. Holy shit. I'm not going to survive this training.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." He says with a smirk. As he got closer I realized it was Jacob Day.

I quickly look away so that I don't embarrass myself more than I already have.

He extends his arm out to mine.

"Jacob," He says with a serious look on his face.

I stand up and I shake his hand.

"Peyton" I give him a dorky smile which makes me wish the ground would open up and swallow me.

As he shakes my hand I can't help but let out a tiny yelp. I must've hurt my hand when I fell. He quickly removes his hand from mine and gives me a puzzled look.

"Everything okay, Piper?"

I glare at him.

"It's Peyton and yes, I'm fine." I hide my hand behind my back which reveals the bruise on my upper arm and the sun decided to waltz over here so the bruise is showing itself like a runway model.

He quickly glances at my arm and I awkwardly try to hide. "I said I'm fine."

"Oh okay. I should probably tell you that you have a second trainer. I don't know who they are though, so don't ask," Rude. "And I think we should start at the dummy station." I passed that station when I first arrived. It's at the other end of the beach. 

"Oh hell no." He doesn't even listen and he pridefully walks away. I scoop up my bag and try to catch up to him. His six steps took me twenty.

We're off to a wonderful start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before y'all come at me, I don't know or think The Lifeguard Training Association is actually a thing. 

A/N: It is a thing, it just isn't called The Lifeguard Association. It's The American Lifeguard Association.

Lmk if there are any typos!

Thanks!

~Lia

Question of the chapter: How did you find this "story"?