~21~ Proper Braiding

I pull into Jacob's driveway and he squeezes my hand. "I think I want to stay in the car." 

"That's okay. I'll be right back." I get out of the car and walk up to the house. Surprisingly, the front door was unlocked, but everyone left the house in a hurry.

A slip off my shoes and head up the stairs and into Maisey's room. There's a tote bag sitting in the corner of the room and I grab that to put the stuff in. I grab her favorite stuffed animal, a pair of tennis shoes, four outfits, her bathing suit, and a few barbies. I leave her room and go into Jacob's.

I grab a pair of swim trunks, four outfits, a pair of tennis shoes, and a stuffed animal I found tucked under his pillow.

As I walk to the front door, I step over broken glass and dried-up blood. I gulp in fear and quickly run out of the house and into my car. Last night was a nightmare that neither of us needs to be reminded of.

"Here, I found this." I hand him the stuffed animal and his eyes are immediately filled with tears, but he smiles. It's a faint smile, but it's still a smile. He whispers out a 'thanks' and buckles his seatbelt. "We have to pick up my mom tomorrow."

"I thought we had to pick her up today?" He wipes away a tear and runs his fingers through his hair. "The doctors found something that could potentially be cancer so they want to do more testing." 

"I'm so sorry."

"It's not her first cancer scare. Everything should hopefully be alright." I receive a light smile.

/\/\/\/\/\/\

My bedroom door slams open and Jacob stands in the doorway, holding Maisey, with a huge smile plastered on his face. "I want to braid her hair." He runs in and sets Maisey on my lap. 

"I'm going to teach you. Here, sit on the floor." I lower Maisey onto the floor, get up from my bed and grab a hair brush and comb. "Come sit next to me." I pat a spot next to me on the edge of the bed and Jacob comes and sits next to me. 

I quickly brush and part her hair. "Now, I'm going to demonstrate it on the left side, and you're going to try it out on the right side." He has a confident smile on his face and he grabs a few small strands of hair.

/\/\/\/\

"Good! Now just a little bit more to go...and twala!" I put the hair tie in and Jacob puts his in. I look at his braid. He did phenomenally! 

As soon as Jacob lets go of Maisey's hair, she runs out of my room.

"You did surprisingly well." He sarcastically curtsies. "Now let's talk about how you just barged into my bedroom." He pretends to be clueless. "What about it?" He lays down on my bed, placing his hands behind his head. "I could've been masturbating." He chuckles. 

"I know you weren't."

"How?" He sits up and looks me in the eyes. "Because you would've been moaning my name." I must've made a face in response to his remark because he laughs as he leaves my room. Did it suddenly get hotter in here?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bold Jacob>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

lmk ab typos and the length. thanks!

~lia

Question of the Chapter: Favorite female music artist?