~9~ Go To Sleep Please

"Can you help me?" Maisey asks, bringing me her hair brush and hair tie.

"Yes, and then it's bedtime." She turns around and I start doing her hair.

"Can I stay up for five more minutes please?" She pleads to me.

"Fine and that's it. Five minutes and five minutes only, Jelly." I finish her hair and then I set a timer for five minutes. 

She and I rest on the couch in the movie room, watching Bubble Guppies. She snuggles into my arms and falls asleep almost immediately. 

I scoop her up and carry her up the stairs. I quietly open her bedroom door and place her in her bed. I pull the covers up to her chin and I kiss her on the forehead. I leave the door cracked open and I go back down the stairs as quietly as possible.

I go back to the movie room and I try to find something to watch on the TV, but there's nothing that I want to watch so I decided to take a nap. I grab a blanket and I curl up in a ball.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I wake up to the sound of feet shuffling from the front of the house. I grab my insulated water bottle and quietly leave the room to see who was there. In the kitchen, there's a silhouette of a man. He's rummaging through the drawers and he's wearing all black. 

I approach the man and I squeeze my eyes shut and swing my water bottle at him and he turns around. It barely misses his face. I slowly open my eyes and it's Jacob. He's holding his chest like he's about to have a heart attack.

"God damn it, Peyton! You almost hit me. What the hell are you doing?" His words are slightly slurred and his voice is raised.

"I thought you were an intruder!" I whisper shout. 

"Oh... your hair is pretty." He grabs a strand of my hair and starts playing with it as he sleepily rests against the counter. He's very giggly.

"Are you drunk?" I don't need verbal confirmation that he is. I can tell by the way he sluggishly moves, I can smell the booze, and not to mention he has a hold of my hair and he's also laughing like a maniac.

I slowly pull the strand of my hair away from his grasp and I grab him by the shoulders to make him stand up straight.

"Come let's go to bed." I release his shoulders and grab his hand instead. I pull him up the stairs and into a room I assume is his.

The top of the walls are wrapped with LED lights that are purple, there's a huge pile of clothes in the corner, and he has a PC set up on a desk that has the weirdest shit on it. For example, a sock, Carmex, a cheese wrapper (?), and numerous water bottles that aren't even empty.

I guide him to his bed which isn't made and I try to get him to lay down.

"Please lay with me, I don't want to be alone." He pleads, and it appears that there are tears in his eyes.

"No, Jacob. You're not thinking straight. I'm your sister's babysitter and your trainee. I can't do that. Now lay down." It takes him a minute to lay down, but he does.

"Now lay on your side."

"No."

"Yes." He continues to lay on his back.

"I'll only lay on my side if you let me take my shirt off."

"I don't care what you do, just lay on your side." And just like that, his shirt is off and he's laying on his side.

"Goodnight, Peyton."

"Mhmm."

"Say it back please." He calls as I'm about to shut the door.

"Goodnight, now go to sleep please."

"Yes ma'am."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drunk Jacob is a little... bold. I mean he grabbed her hair. Anyways... this chapter had me cackling a little bit.

lmk if there are any typos and if the length is okay. Thanks! 

~Lia

Question of the chapter: Jacob Day or Kristian Ramey?