99. The Ending We Deserve (Part 4 Last Chapter)

Start from the beginning

Eren chuckled.

"She also said that she wants to join the Survey Corps." Mikasa said with a small smile.

Eren's eyes widened a bit. Then he let out a sigh.

Mikasa looked up at him. "What do you think about it, dear?"

"I can finally understand how my Mom must have felt that day when you ratted me out." Eren said and smiled, looking at Mikasa.

Mikasa giggled and covered her mouth with her scarf.

Eren looked up at the sky, smiling. "We can't stop her from joining the Survey Corps. After all, she'll be 16 at the time of joining the cadet corps."

"Yeah..." Mikasa said. "Atleast her childhood won't be ruined like ours." She smiled sadly.

Eren looked down. "Honestly, I'll help her in all those training and stuff to be a good soilder. But, I just never want her to be like me."

Mikasa looked at him with concern. "Eren?"

Eren looked at his hands. "Basically, I am just a monster..."

Mikasa hugged him tightly. "Eren, that's not true."

"But..." Eren said then glanced at her. "I did threaten to eradicate all lives existing outside of Paradise."

Mikasa just stared at him with wide eyes.

Eren looked down. "I've taken so many lives, knowingly and unknowingly. What will Erika think of me when she grows up?"

"Eren. I've committed the same crimes as you." Mikasa said. "Don't take all the blame."

"But still..." Eren said and let out a sigh. "Do you think she'll hate me once she knows about who I really am?"

Mikasa's eyes widened. "Eren. She'll understand."

"I hope so." Eren said.

Silence fell upon them.

Then something came to Eren's mind.

He smiled and looked at Mikasa. "You stopped having those headaches after our wedding. Right?"

"Yeah." Mikasa replied.

"Have you ever wondered the reason for those headaches?" Eren asked.

"Maybe it was somewhat related to titan powers." Mikasa said. "What do you think?"

Eren looked ahead, still smiling. "I now know the real reason."

Mikasa looked at him, surprised. "You do?"

"Yeah. It was all Founder Eren's doings." Eren said.

"Huh?" Mikasa said, curious.

"Founder Eren was just doing what Founder Ymir would have done." Eren said and looked at Mikasa. "He was just viewing the world through your eyes all those times."

Mikasa gapsed. "What?! But why?"

Eren looked ahead. "It all started from the Prime universe. As I have said before, Ymir Fritz was in love with king Fritz in a messed up way and Mikasa was chosen by her." He looked at Mikasa. "Have you ever wondered why Mikasa killing Founder Eren freed the world from the curse of titans?"

"No..." Mikasa replied.

"I've asked Founder Eren about it the first time we met but he just said that I'll get it one day." Eren said. "I finally understand now."

"Really?" Mikasa asked.

"When the Mikasa of Prime universe accepted that she could never be with her Eren, when she put the rest of the humanity over her love and killed Eren, that gave Founder Ymir a hope that she could deceive king Fritz." He looked up at the sky. "In those countless universes, Erens' are just mere keys but Mikasas' are the ones that originally got rid of titan powers and freed Ymirs'." He smiled. "So yeah. You're always the special one, no matter which universe we go." He looked down and his smile dropped. "We're just one of those lucky ones who got the chance to get together at the end and start a family."