92. Handcuffs

AUTHOR'S POV:

After three days, the trial for Eren's fate was held.

At the Capital building, in a large formal military meeting room, the highest ranking soldiers sat facing the metal post in the middle.

Historia sat in the middle with Zachary to her left and another military official to her right.

On one side, Hange, Mikasa, Faye, Connie, Levi, Sasha, Erwin, Falco, Pieck, Reiner, Pixis and some Garrison soilders were sitting on their respective bench.

On the other side, Nile and some other MPs were sitting.

The scouts had a worried expression on their faces.

After a few moments, Eren entered the court room, being escorted by some MPs.

His hands were cuffed together with chains.

Once in the middle, he kneeled down and an MP chained his hands to the metal post.
.

Historia gave him a sad look.
.

Faye turned to Armin. "It's like Deja Vu. Isn't it?"

"Yeah... It's like past is repeating itself." Armin said.
.

Zachary straightened his glasses. "So, let us begin." He looked at Eren. "Eren Yeager. You have been accused of high treason and a threat against humanity because of your actions. So today, your fate will be decided here."

"Yes sir." Eren said.

"Let us hear the opening statement from the Military Police." Zachary said and looked at Nile.

Nile stood up. "Your Honor, I am Nile Dawk, Commander of the Military Police. I admit. Eren Yeager has done a lot for Paradise. But, a few days ago, he created his own army and disturbed the peace of Paradise. He, along with Yelena put this island in danger. Then, Eren Yeager declared to destroy the world and took down Wall Maria's wall. Now, we have made more enemies. So, our proposition is as follows: We will turn a trustworthy person into a Titan and have him eat Eren Yeager." He looked at Eren who still had a serious expression. "However, his character induces disturbances that may even lead to a rebellion as people are divided into two groups. One who support Eren and another who are against him. So, he'll become a martyr for Paradise." He sat down.
.

Mikasa furrowed her eyebrows.
.

"I see." Zachary said and turned to Hange. "Next, let us hear the proposition from the Survey Corps."

Hange stood up. "Your honour. I know what Eren Yeager did was high level treason. But, I believe because of his actions, we finally made peace with Marley and possibly the whole world. We were there to stop the Rumbling and we successfully did because Eren wanted us to stop him."

The MPs gasped.

"What do you mean?" An MP asked.

"It was his plan from the beginning that he would start the rumbling and before he arrives at land, we'll stop him." Hange said. "And with the help of Marley's General Theo Magath and the Warrior units, we stopped him. Before leaving, General Magath promised us that he'll talk with other nations and make them sign a peace treaty with Paradise. So, our proposition is that, Eren Yeager will continue to serve Paradise from the Survey Corps."

"No, he is dangerous!" Nile said, standing up. "He knew about the spinal fluid in wine but didn't warn us. He took down the walls that protect us. So, I believe we can't trust him."

"Hmm... Let's hear the proposition from Garrison." Zachary said, looking at Pixis.

Pixis stood up. "Premier Zachary, I believe I agree with Hange on this matter."
.