40. Scream (Season 2 Last Chapter)

AUTHOR'S POV:

A giant foot cracked the earth.

Eren and Mikasa watched, Eren letting out a gasp.

The Smiling Titan approached them with slow, resounding footsteps.
.

"Damn it! Reiner!" Faye said, staring at the Armored Titan, restrained by over half a dozen small Titans. "He's tossing Titans!"
.

With a roar, the Armored Titan threw another one.
.

Faye grunted when one landed near her.
.

Another Titan landed a small distance behind Erwin and began to chase him.
.

The Jaws Titan stopped, Ymir glaring inside. 'This is all your fault! It's you who screwed up my entire plan, you damn commander!' The Jaws Titan sped toward Erwin and the Titan chasing him.
.

Erwin gasped, noticing her.

The Jaws pushed the mindless Titan and Erwin fell to the ground. She pinned the squirming Titan under her clawed hand.

"Ymir! Connie, that way!" Historia yelled, pointing, sitting behind him on his horse.

"I know!" Connie replied.

"Commander!" A dark-haired Scout yelled, running toward him.

"I can always be replaced," Erwin said, a mad determination gleaming in his eyes. "More importantly, find Eren and retreat! Time is of the essence!"

The Scout cried, his face inside a Titan's mouths, his limbs twitching.

Erwin watched, mouth open, humans and Titans fighting behind him.
.

The Smiling Titan continued to approach Eren and Mikasa. He stared at it, frozen.

"Eren!" Mikasa said and pushed him down.

The Smiling Titan brought down a hand.

Hannes suddenly appeared, placing himself between them and blocking the attack.

Hannes sliced off the Titan's thumb, causing it to lean back. He grinned at the Eren and Mikasa.

"What are the odds of this?! Check it out, you two! You just watch. I'm about to avenge your mother and butcher the shit out of this bastard!" Hannes declared and shot a hook into the Titan's chest, flying toward it and dodging a swipe.

"Hannes!" Eren screamed.
.

"Give Hannes backup!" Faye yelled, riding next to Armin. Then she noticed a Titan coming down. "Huh?!"

One landed in front of Armin and his horse kicked its front legs.

"Reiner?" Armin said, looking over at the Armored Titan, Bertolt hanging on him. "What's he doing?! Does he not care if Eren is eaten?!"

"May be he changed his plan like Annie did." Faye said, looking at the Armoured titan before she and Armin charged at the three Titans in their way.
.

The Jaws Titan ripped off the Titan's nape with her teeth and spat it out.

"Ymir!" Historia yelled, catching her attention.
.

'Dammit... What am I supposed to do?' Ymir thought. 'If I can't count on Reiner, should I cooperate with the Scouts and try to survive?'

The Jaws Titan followed after Connie's horse. 'But what happens after that?' She noticed Historia was watching her intently. 'Even if I can somehow live through all this... there's no avoiding the hell that's to come trapped inside the Walls.' Now's my only chance to hand Historia over to their side! I won't be able to protect her alone, no matter how hard I try.'