83. From You, 2000 Years Ago

AUTHOR'S POV:

"You are there, aren't you, Zeke?" Grisha said, sitting on his knees, crying, looking down.

Zeke stared at him with wide eyes and opened mouth.

"From here on, things won't go your way. Only Eren will get what he wants." Grisha said.

"What... Did you say?" Zeke asked in disbelief.

Grisha slightly looked up. "I saw Eren's memories of what comes next. But I never imagined it would be so terrible." He fully looked up at him and gasped with teary eyes. "Zeke...?" He stood up and brought his hands up to his chest. "Is that you?! How you've grown! I'm sorry... I was a terrible father. The things I put you through were so cruel." He moved forward and hugged Zeke. "Zeke... I love you!" Tears started to roll down his face. "If only I had spent more time with you..." He continued to cry.

Zeke got teary eyed. "Father..."

"Zeke... please stop Eren." Grisha said.

Zeke gasped as he saw Eren with a dark expression.

Suddenly, Eren's 10 years old self's face when he lost his mother flashed in Zeke's eyes.

Blue lightning crackled again and Zeke fell to his ass in the Paths.

Zeke held his face with closed eyes.

Then he looked up and gasped as Eren was looking down at him with Godly eyes, still chained up.

"Eren..."

"We still haven't seen the part where I eat him." Eren said.

"Did you... push Father into fighting the King of the walls... and the world?" Zeke asked, surprised. "If the Attack Titan really has the power to transcend time, you could show him just the memories which suited you to alter the past. Father... Grisha hesitated to carry out his Restorationist mission. He knew he couldn't use the Founding Titan's power, even if he stole it. Except he did steal it- and entrusted it to you. Because of what he'd seen in the future. Something in the future- something you showed him."

"I'm grateful, brother." Eren said. "This was only possible because you brought me into Dad's memories."

Zeke gasped. "He said things wouldn't go my way- that only you would get what you want."

"Yeah. I saw it four years ago." Eren said. "I saw my own future through Dad's memories. What a sight it was."

Zeke furrowed his eyebrows and gritted his teeth. "The Founder! Make Eldians unable to reproduce anymore!"

Eren's expression didn't change. "The Coordinates..."

"Grisha told me, 'Please stop Eren.'" Zeke said and closed his eyes. "He regretted listening to you. I don't know what sort of future you saw through Father's memories, but you didn't see everything, right?" He looked up at Eren. "For example, you didn't know you couldn't use the Founder's power here. You're as powerless as ever. You can't stop the Founder now as he is also a slave of royal blood."

"The Founder here isn't Ymir Fritz as she is in every other universe." Eren said.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Zeke asked.

The chains from Eren's hand fell to the ground and turned into sand.

Zeke was staring at him with wide eyes.

"How...?" Zeke asked with a surprised expression.

"Just so you know, the Founder bows to no-one." Eren said.

"Huh? What do you talking about?" Zeke said.

Eren stepped aside and a figure approached towards them from the Coordinates.