Three

The following few days after the omega's arrival went smoother than Taehyung expected. He had been busy since Monday and only came home in the evening when he hadn't been able to catch a glimpse of the omega. He had heard from other members that they hadn't seen him come out of his room either, which Taehyung found strange. However, he didn't ponder much about it, having been too tired after coming home.

Until Wednesday. Taehyung was in the garden, basking under the rays of the moon goddess to clear his head that was clattered with the happenings of a tiring workday. Earbuds in and slow jazz music pouring into his ears, he sat relaxed on a wooden bench on the far side of the garden. Most wolves were asleep and no one hung out in the garden at this time so Taehyung was enjoying the peace and quiet when the corner of his eyes caught a motion.

He took one of his earbuds out and looked around him. From the distance, he saw a figure taking slow, careful steps and walking towards the gate of the packhouse. Someone sneaking out was an alien scenario to Taehyung since no one was prohibited to not go out and come inside whenever they pleased. However, what sparked Taehyung's curiosity was the face that belonged to the sneaky figure.

The moon goddess lit up the omega's face silver as if her spotlight was on him. His round eyes seemed to sparkle as they reflected the moon's rays, and Taehyung could see them even from a distance. There was no wonder the omega was one of the most angelic creatures Taehyung had set his eyes upon. However, this wasn't the time to admire his beauty. The possibility of Jeongguk being a threat to the pack outweighed any other visible qualities of him.

Without thinking twice, Taehyung stood up and followed the omega, careful not to be found out. The omega wore a hoodie; an oversized one and sweatpants. He had a cap on too and he had his hands in his pockets. He looked like a thief. Anyone would be suspicious of him.

The omega took hurried steps and Taehyung sneaked behind him, hiding behind bushes and trees to not be caught. The omega walked up the street that led to the pack grounds, amidst the street with shops that were closed and other small houses. Until he reached the forest that was a few hundred meters away from the packhouse.

Jeongguk took one last look around him and entered the forest. Taehyung followed him and he almost lost Jeongguk since he was following a few meters behind. However, as he was looking around to see the omega, he heard voices.

"...safe there?"

"Yeah" Jeongguk spoke to the stranger that stood in front of him as Taehyung watched from behind a large tree a few meters away so Jeongguk wouldn't catch on his scent. "I'm so glad to see that you're safe"

"Thank you for visiting me. It's been so long I saw you"

"I needed to make sure you were safe. Personally" The stranger touched Jeongguk's shoulder. "Do they know?"

"No. I can't tell anyone. Or trust anyone with it"

"I understand," The stranger said. "But I feel like you could use some help from the outside too"

Jeongguk's voice was thick. "I can't risk it. And if I told Namjoon he would kick me out. No one wants that kind of trouble"

The stranger, a beta, Taehyung realized from the lack of scent, clicked his tongue. "It's seriously not trouble for anyone"

"You don't understand. It could threaten my life! I can't share a detail about myself that makes me weak and expect them to not use that against me! And I know Namjoon won't do that but don't you get it? I just can't-"

"You're overthinking this. I'm telling you, you need help. I can't help you, you know that. And he's already out looking for you"

He?

"I don't know what to do" Jeongguk's voice cracked and Taehyung's eyes widened, feeling a small tug in his heart when he heard the sorrow in his voice.

"I will contact someone. But someone I know" Jeongguk said.

"Just be safe. I just wanted to check up on you"

"Please don't tell anyone I'm here" The omega sounded desperate.

"I won't. I promise"

Silence followed and Taehyung wondered what was happening and he was about to turn around but-

Sniffle.

Taehyung's eyes widened once again.

"Hey, don't cry" the stranger muttered.

Jeongguk was crying?

"I should head back" Jeongguk's voice cracked; it was quite obvious that he was indeed, in tears.

Despite Taehyung's heart feeling heavy, he started walking carefully out of the woods without making noise so he wouldn't get caught when Jeongguk. As he walked back, his mind was in chaos. A series of question marks clouded his head and he didn't know what to do at this point.

However, there were a few things he realized. One, Jeongguk had lied to him. The reason he was staying wasn't that he needed shelter due to his heat. Two, Taehyung's doubts were confirmed. He was hiding something. Something big and he hadn't told anyone about it. Three, his secret was a threat to Taehyung's pack.

And Taehyung had the power to prevent whatever doom Jeongguk may bring to their pack. He could tell Namjoon and he will be able to do something about it. In fact, there were many things they could do to stop the impending disaster.

However as Jeongguk's little sobs rang in his mind and his broken voice played in his head like a broken record, why did every cell in his body scream at him to not do anything about it?

🌸

Short chap >.<
Hope you guys are liking this story so far! Will be uploading the next chap soon <3 stay excited!!